Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Tilapia (according to several coworkers that studied this) is useless.
You'd just have to look it up.
Yes it's lower in mercury than most fish, and it does have protein, but apparently the values of omega fatty acids aren't good for you.
Hard to say, I don't have to research it tonight.

Chicken wraps, with cheese. The chicken was cooked in the pressure cooker, with garlic butter seasoning, and low sodium chicken broth.
Easy, quick, and it gave me time to work on my street rod before sun down.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Tilapia (according to several coworkers that studied this) is useless.
You'd just have to look it up.
Yes it's lower in mercury than most fish, and it does have protein, but apparently the values of omega fatty acids aren't good for you.
Hard to say, I don't have to research it tonight.

Chicken wraps, with cheese. The chicken was cooked in the pressure cooker, with garlic butter seasoning, and low sodium chicken broth.
Easy, quick, and it gave me time to work on my street rod before sun down.

So you are making dinner the same as your automobile....(Varrrooom Varrrooom) pressure cookin' lol !!!

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
So you are making dinner the same as your automobile....(Varrrooom Varrrooom) pressure cookin' lol !!!
If I cooked it under the hood, the dinner would be ready quickly, because of the heat and the air circulation.
Well that's almost like a convection oven isn't it? :D
The car is the one pictured in my avatar.
Tonight I get a break from cooking, as my father is taking us out to dinner at a local café.
Can't be too bad, I didn't hear any sirens when I passed by the place last night....;)

Mrs. 66 made dinner. She filled the bottom of a dutch oven with kale, portabella mushrooms, onions, and red and yellow bell peppers, with a seasoned whole chicken on top, then roasted it in the oven. Those vegetables were pretty darn good with all those chicken juices marinating them.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Two large baked potato (oven wrapped in foil, some butter, onion, spices, pepper...then wrapped up) cooked one hour at 450, baby carrots also baked, liquid smoke, pepper, thin slices of orange on top, and small amount of butter) baked same as potato, wrapped up in a large baking pan...

Thick sliced Pork Loins, soaked with butter, pepper, banana peppers, onions, a shot of Jack Daniels, garlic powder, lemon juice. Fry pan cooked at high heat until nicely cooked, still just a touch pink in the very middle to keep the meat tender and juicy!

Jug of home made "island juice", one bottle of vernors ginger ale, can of coconut milk, half gallon of melted Neapolitan ice cream, 12 ounces of fine diced then blended strawberries. half a banana also fine diced then blended. It all goes in a large picnic type drink cooler, with ice cubes to keep it cold. For those that wish to make this have some "kick", pour half a glass of this, with some high end Rum, or Gin, or what ever you think it would go with. You will need a large diameter straw.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
If I cooked it under the hood, the dinner would be ready quickly, because of the heat and the air circulation.
Well that's almost like a convection oven isn't it? :D
The car is the one pictured in my avatar.
Tonight I get a break from cooking, as my father is taking us out to dinner at a local café.
Can't be too bad, I didn't hear any sirens when I passed by the place last night....;)

My Husband had an old ford, maybe the same year as your ride, but just a coupe...with a built 04 Vette engine. It was fun but constant tinkering.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
My Husband had an old ford, maybe the same year as your ride, but just a coupe...with a built 04 Vette engine. It was fun but constant tinkering.
The constant tinkering isn't so much my issue, as no time to tinker.
Although I have worked on the car the past few nights, and got it back to road worthiness.

Steak, baked potato, and green beans.
Someone else paid for it, otherwise it wouldn't have been that good.
But the company was more important than the food...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe