Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

howardeye

Practically Family
Cherry periogi fried in butter!

3F40D5AD-D14C-47A2-9397-87E1AA64E0B5-4148-000006F9B727DC07_zpsc2630c59.jpg

olive bleu

One Too Many
mmm..i don't think we have the spelling quite right..(but there are many)..perogi "are dumplings of unleavened dough – first boiled, then they are baked or fried usually in butter with onions – traditionally stuffed with potato filling, sauerkraut, ground meat, cheese, or fruit. Of central and eastern European provenance, they are usually semicircular, but are rectangular or triangular in some cuisines."-to quote wiki.

they are delicious!

howardeye

Practically Family
Sorry. I did spell it wrong. It is spelled pierogi and yes they are like stuffed dumplings. They are of the European decent. Polish, Slovak, Croatian, etc. I grew up eating them because that is what my grandparents made and ate. The fruit ones are not our favorites. Plum is common and so is sauerkraut. We prefer potato & cheese and mushroom & cheese. We like them browned in extra virgin olive oil salted, peppered, and garlic. I was out of oil so I used butter. There is nothing like it!

Last edited:

MarkJohn

One of the Regulars
Home made, slow cooked casserole... lots of potato, carrots, mushrooms, onion and garlic with Quorn chicken [veggie] with a rich broth from all the pre-cooked ingredients... then put in a slow cooker, to make us feel hungry all day. Served later tonight, with some nice bread :)

Just the sort of warming food you need on a freezing day in England... its currently snowing lightly, with a north east wind, and a chill factor of minus four or five... brrrr.

howardeye

Practically Family
Center cut chops raised locally fried in olive oil covered with Fryin Magic, asparagus, and baked acorn squash smothered in butter, salt, pepper, and cinnamon. Washed down with a can of Mountain Dew!

AF71AC09-9E05-4905-855C-FF505A80E950-980-00000102D3AD7063_zps7ebf35cb.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukken