Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
How many of you has ever had Buttermilk biscuits and tomato gravy? ;) That’s a Southern classic.
As for me, this morning I had a scrambled egg sandwich with bacon and Jamaican Blue coffee. J

Hubby's grandma (in Texas) used to make tomato cobbler. I imagine it is something similar, but upside down. She didn't give it to me when she gave me her hand-written recipe book. But I have her biscuit and her cornbread recipes.

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
Hubby's grandma (in Texas) used to make tomato cobbler. I imagine it is something similar, but upside down. She didn't give it to me when she gave me her hand-written recipe book. But I have her biscuit and her cornbread recipes.
I’ve never heard of that, but it sounds wonderful!
Tomato gravy is just , you make a gravy with drippings, flour and milk. Then stir in crushed tomatoes until it thickens. Season as you like. J
I’m kinda of lazy about it though and don’t make mine that way. Rather I used gravy mix most of the time and add a can of tomato soup to it. Its good, just not authentic.

How many of you has ever had Buttermilk biscuits and tomato gravy? ;) That’s a Southern classic.
As for me, this morning I had a scrambled egg sandwich with bacon and Jamaican Blue coffee. J

Keep the eggs. Add more bacon. This was the last whopper I ordered:
524545554.jpg

Nearly 6 pounds. :p

Burma Schave

One of the Regulars
It's head-scratchingly extraordinary how many people care, and how often they care, about the food that other people are having for breakfast. Wish I could understand it, but am kind of hoping I never will.

Last edited:

Burma Schave

One of the Regulars
I just can't imagine my breakfast being a topic of conversation for other people, and vice-versa.

Ah, well. The human race is a mystery.

Last edited:
It's head-scratchingly extraordinary how many people care, and how often they care, about the food that other people are having for breakfast. Wish I could understand it, but am kind of hoping I never will.
I think it's because most people get bored eating the same foods over and over, so they read threads like this hoping to learn of something new to try. Of course, that's just my opinion; I could be wrong. :cool2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld