Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

You're very fortunate. Doesn't take much sugar for her to be pinging off the walls. And wouldn't you know it - my dad's favorite thing to do when he comes to visit is bring her a WHOLE bag of candy, open it, give her a few pieces (!!!!), and leave the whole dadgum bag here. He promises her before he leaves that she can have more, so she pesters me repeatedly about the candy that Papa brought her, and when can she have more.

My dad's quite the laugh riot. I think it is his payback for what the five of us kids pulled over the years. But I was the youngest (and shyest), so I didn't pull nearly as much as my older siblings. At least he didn't have to cut down a tree outside my bedroom window to keep me from climbing down it and running out to meet boys in the middle of the night - like one of my sisters!:eusa_doh:

Grandchildren are parent's payback. :p

Cutting down a tree tends to work. :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
:eeek: I can't believe it. You ate normal food. Any cauliflower in it? Bacon? :p
The sausage crumbles have bacon.
meat-lovers-sausage-and-bacon-crumbles.jpg
Yes I've been eating real food lately, because I've increased my physical activity at work recently.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Ham and sharp cheddar on a toasted (and buttered!) English muffin. Cup of Meyer lemon tea with organic turbinado sugar.

A sure-to-clean-the-plate breakfast for the little one.

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
Coffee. Grits look good. I could scramble some eggs with corned beef hash. Too damn lazy.:eek::coffee:
This is interesting. When I was in boot camp at Great Lakes, and we had breakfast they served us ‘Farina’. I’d never heard of ‘Farina’. I found out it is very much like ‘Cream of Wheat’. A bunch of us boys started talking about food in different parts of the country and the Yanks told me they’d never heard of ‘grits’. Whats a grit? They’d say. We good ol boys would howl with laughter. But I didn’t know what Farina was so…
I loved Chicago. Great city! But I found that most places I went, they didn’t know what grits were. J

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
How many of you has ever had Buttermilk biscuits and tomato gravy? ;) That’s a Southern classic.
As for me, this morning I had a scrambled egg sandwich with bacon and Jamaican Blue coffee. J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe