Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's For Breakfast...

And James the only squeeling pig was the one I had for breakfast, in the form of bacon.
No banjo music, unless I'm watching one of the many Hee Haw episodes I have on DVR.
James, you have your banjo players mixed up. Roy Clark lives here, but not the boys in the video clip.
Dale is right, they are from (or were in) Georgia.

Today it was 2 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, and a square hashbrown patty.
Needed the carbs for extra energy, and the protein to fight off the crowds.

Same thing. Banjo is banjo and squealing is squealing.

Funny, but Bill McKinney, who played the hillbilly in the infamous "Squeal like a Pig" scene was originally tapped to play Gunnery Sergeant Hartman in Full Metal Jacket but reportedly, the reason R. Lee Ermey was instead cast in the role was because Stanley Kubrick was afraid to meet "the mountain man from Deliverance." :rofl:

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Coffee for the moment, and, if I can muster some ambition later this morning a trip to my favorite restaurant and a bookshop search.:coffee::

Had French toast and MapleWood bacon (Love bacon..but this stuff was awful)..and black coffee.
HD

I agree about the maple bacon. Not my favorite by a long shot.

This morning we had homemade blueberry pancakes (from flour that Mrs.DH ground herself) and slices of leftover Christmas eve ham fried in bacon grease. Black coffee to drink with the food, coffee and Bailey's for desert. I'm not going back to work until Monday.:D

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I agree about the maple bacon. Not my favorite by a long shot.

This morning we had homemade blueberry pancakes (from flour that Mrs.DH ground herself) and slices of leftover Christmas eve ham fried in bacon grease. Black coffee to drink with the food, coffee and Bailey's for desert. I'm not going back to work until Monday.:D
I didn't hear my phone ring. Of course you would have had to call me at 4am, and I still wouldn't hear it ring that early. :D
Protein bar, and coffee using my wife's Christmas present.
See, she drinks coffee every so often, and I drink it daily sometimes several times a day despite being on something to keep me going. My solution was to buy her a Keurig, with the coffee I want because I'm the one that will be using it most often. But she gets a gift, and when she wants to fix hot chocolate with one of those little pod thingys, she can use it.

Last edited:
Oatmeal with apples
More of the Christmas eve ham, sliced and fried in an intoxicating blend of butter and bacon grease
Black coffee

Hurry up Gregg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe