Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was your first leather jacket?

Observe

One Too Many
Bought a really crappy biker jacket off the punk merchandise site angry young and poor about 18 years ago. Cost about $75. A couple years later I bought another biker jacket from a local western wear store. This one cost a fair bit more. The first one is long gone (I think I gave it away) but I still have the second and it's actually not bad quality. It's a Canadian brand called Bristol. I may post it some time.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
I don’t remember the brand but back in highschool I bought a leather jacket that had sleeves in sort of a light tan/brown color and a cow patterned torso. I think maybe the sleeves could be zipped off, and I’m nit sure it was real leather lol.

Looking back, that was one ugly jacket, but that’s where I got my start.

3.14nche

A-List Customer
I was persistent enough to get my parents to get me one of these in the early 90s.
If I recall correctly green ones were the most popular.
I would have liked one in purple but mine was black.
mirage.jpg

The first jacket I purchased myself was the Aero Rockafella.

TartuWolf

One Too Many
It was some brown suede/nubuck jacket with a mandarin collar. I think I started wearing it when I was around 15-16. Wore it when I lived in Stockholm for a year. Wore it when I live in Morocco for 3 months.
Visited my mom a few weeks ago and found the jacket. Threw it out.
Was always way too big for me, it's still way too big for me now when I'm 32.
Held up real well, but neither jacket itself nor the fit are anything to write home about.
Good thing I'm not too sentimental, otherwise I might have been tempted to keep it haha.
Found a few photos of it from 2013 when I was ~21.
1718624852248.png

1718624896338.png

Khilij

One of the Regulars
When I was in high school, I bought a beat up flight jacket from a thrift store for about $50. Thing was beat to all hell (it had 1.5 epaulets) and I don't even think it was a particular model, more of a fashion jacket mashup. Still, I wore and loved that thing for years. It had a really nice sherpa lining that kept me warm. Ended up giving it away to a friend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld