Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Watched the 1st Hobbit last night in anticipation of maybe going to the new one soon. I enjoyed it, but man did they embellish it.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Oblivion with Tom Cruise. I'm a sucker for sci-fi and this doesn't disappoint... well, not too much. It did rip off a lot of ideas and scenes from previous sci-fi movies, and inevitably the story is pretty dumb in places, but there are a bunch of new ideas and some of the visuals are quite spectacular. Also, on a more purile level, the redheaded actress is simply perfect.

I missed the last twenty plus minutes so I have no idea how it ended. I did enjoy it enough up until that point.
:D

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Last night, Holiday Inn (colorized). Not strictly a Christmas movie, but it opens and closes sort of around Christmas and New Year's.
Holiday Inn is one of my favorites.
I saw that when I was a teenager, and I've loved it ever since.
With the way Bing Crosby sounded most of the movie, I was/am under the impression he was half asleep. :D

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
I watched Man of Steel last night (the new Superman film) and it was pretty disappointing. There's a good movie in there, but the director managed to water it down with endless action/cgi sequences and it appears he even cut out some plot and linking scenes to make room for even more endless action/cgi sequences.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
The Show of Shows.

Winnie Lightner's big musical number is great, Larry Ceballos' "Black and White Girls" number works well, Nick Lucas is fine, but the balance of the picture is lackluster. Much of the humor relise on "in" jokes which would have been obscure even to audiences in 1929.

vintageTink

One Too Many
Sounds like someone is watching with children. :p
No...wait, I mean, of course! :whistling

You're my kind of girl! :thumb:
:thumb:

Last night, Holiday Inn (colorized). Not strictly a Christmas movie, but it opens and closes sort of around Christmas and New Year's.
One of my favorites.

I watched Man of Steel last night (the new Superman film) and it was pretty disappointing. There's a good movie in there, but the director managed to water it down with endless action/cgi sequences and it appears he even cut out some plot and linking scenes to make room for even more endless action/cgi sequences.
My husband liked it; I haven't seen it. To me, Christopher Reeve will always be Superman.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Oh, forgot! MST3K: Jack Frost.
Jack Frost you say?
This is without a doubt, their finest hour or hour and a half. :D
How could you not like this guy?
jackfrost.jpg
And quotes such as....
Quick, give him Dutch Elm disease.
A movie that dares to ask the question...will he find the dwarf?
False alarm, it's just Bjork.
Truly a masterpiece.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab

Yep, totally agree. I have to admit I'm a hard audience since I'm not a Superman fan, but despite myself I felt myself being drawn in and almost enjoying it in places. But then it all collapses under the weight of the CGI and story developments that made no sense... Perhaps a full film with Crowe and Shannon on Krypton with only Superdope coming at the very end? That could have made a better film...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe