Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Cowboys and Aliens. Meh...I expected it to be better. Maybe it will be the second time I watch it.

I found it to be sort of mixed. Neat and thrilling in some parts others were a little flat. i watched it at Christmas over at the bro's inlaws. It gets so loud there that we put the subtitles on for all movies, so for me it was like watching a foreign film.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I found it to be sort of mixed. Neat and thrilling in some parts others were a little flat.

Agreed. As a fiction writer, I was constantly scrutinizing it and my biggest complaint is that the pacing was off and some scenes probably needed to be cut altogether. I must say, also, that Daniel Craig just didn't look comfortable in the role. And his American accent was hard to listen to. Harrison Ford was good, though. He doesn't usually pay the more villainous type, I liked him a lot in this.

Edward

Bartender
Cowboys and Aliens. Meh...I expected it to be better. Maybe it will be the second time I watch it.

Yes. I saw that myself last month. Truly dreadful. My expectations were low, but this was so bad it went past good and back to bad again. It would have helped if the tech hadn't looked so "modern", maybe more steampunky, but really it was just awful. The idea wasn't a strong one to begin with, but it was also poorly realised on every level. One of the biggest problems I had was how these late nineteenth century folks reacted to the concept of aliens in much the same way as one might expect of early twenty-first century people with a century's worth of alien invasion pop culture influences....

I watched the 1970's Carrie (with Sissy Spacek) While dated it still had all of the things I call when i saw it in the movies.. My protective nature made Sissy Spacek the object of my affection to this day.

A film that probably wouldn't have been made today - I love how they let it breathe, building slowly to the inevitable final act.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
La Piel Que Habito (The Skin I Live In) - for me this was a return to form for Almodóvar. I wasn't particularly taken with Volver or Los Abrazos Rotos (Broken Embraces) but this was one of the best contemporary movies I have seen in a long time. Brilliant storyline that kept you guessing and intrigued, solid performances from all involved and wonderfully paced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe