Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What turns you on

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Scientific note: Science has yet to precisely determine the chemical connection of octane to estrogen, but some of the great minds of our day are working on the question. :rolleyes:

warbird

One Too Many
Absinthe_1900 said:
A P-38 Lightning winding up those turbos, though I've often wondered what a pair of Merlin engines on a P-38 would have sounded like.

A nice Sazerac, or a glass of 1930s or 1940s Herbsaint works too. ;) and if Kate Bush was there to share a glass....

I guess the quick answer is the Merlin wouldn't have fit the P38 design. Actually what you are mainly hearing is not the turbo, but the supercharger.

While I love the sound of the Big V engines, I love the radials even more. To fly, I'd take the V's, but I do really love the sound of a radial and the smell. Ohh the smell of a radial. Since I also raced motorcycles for many years, I have great fondness, though I don't know that it turns me on, for the smell of 2 stroke burning racing dirt bikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld