Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What turns you on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chas

One Too Many
~Tastefully done near-nudity (female).
~Attractive women wearing naught but a half-buttoned men's shirt (white).
~Brains, self esteem and confidence.
~I have a thing for showgirls.
adelaidehall.jpg

Everything that I can't afford from this store.
Bauman's Rare Books

PistolPete1969

One of the Regulars
A fine fedora: The shape, feel, and texture, or a high quality fur felt hat that just makes you feel complete.

A good bourbon....YUM!!!!

The lines & contours of a vintage Colt revolver...the way it fits in your hand and naturally points....

A beautiful woman dressed in JUST a man's dress shirt......

Other things decorum will not allow me to expand upon.....

The smell of gun oil...nothing like Hoppe's Number 9...

Soul-stirring early (1950's-1970's) Rock & Roll & Blues...

These are a few of my favorite things......

Foofoogal

Banned
Originally Posted by bburtner@moran
What turns me on is always looking in the thrift stores,those yard sales,the flea markets,no not the Brimfield Fair in Mass,but those out of the way places,where you really never know what you will find.Somewhere out there is that pre war Martin D18 guitar under someones bed or in the closet,it may surface at a yard sale,you never know.Thats what turns me on!

I always have found my best inventory in antique shops believe it or not. I just found a piece of $300.00 glass for $6.00.
Choo choo trains at top of my list of lots of things.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
I agree, finding something in person is much more titilating than "finding" it on ebay. It's been a long time since I've found a diamond in the rough; I haven't been to a yard sale in years and I'm going through withdrawl! When my son is big enough to ride without a car seat I'll be ready to hit the sales again!

Right now what turns me on is having a clean house! Oy, simple pleasures~

maybelaughter

Familiar Face
ohairas said:
Right now what turns me on is having a clean house! Oy, simple pleasures~

i'll second that! i doesn't happen very often here, only during the school breaks. yuck!

i get really excited about silly things - like discovering a breed of sheep that are under 2 ft, that are also round and fuzzy, and have wool that's cashmere-level... !

seeing all the bulbs i planted in the fall actually coming up! i thought the squirrels stole them all...

things relating to fibers, and finding people locally who are into similar things as myself.

and you really can't beat finding treasures among the junk when well, junking. the junkier the place the better, i always say.

Wil Tam

Practically Family
finding great deals

That once in a lifetime kind of find & being able to afford to buy it right then and there is quite exhilarating. :D

kyda

One of the Regulars
Ok I am going to put a girlie spin on this thread, there are few things that make me feel good, a sale yes it is a cliche but I love to shop and well that word. Getting my hair done, as a mother of two children under 5 I don't get much time to go to the salon so when I do it is bliss.
Oh and the occasional perv on men in suits, uniforms, trades men....... what can I say I am only human. But the thing that gives me the biggest thrill is when m,y children say love you mummy.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
My first, without thinking about it, reaction to this would be two things. First, the smell of Clinique, and second expensive oriental rugs.
So if I go to the sixth floor of ABC Carpet in NY, (where they have the $50,000 Isfahans) with a woman wearing Clinique, I'll just about plotz.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Clinique or Clinique Happy?
My husband stopped someone wearing Happy so he could buy it for me he liked it so much.
I don't really care for it, but wear it for him occasionally.

dhermann1 said:
My first, without thinking about it, reaction to this would be two things. First, the smell of Clinique, and second expensive oriental rugs.
So if I go to the sixth floor of ABC Carpet in NY, (where they have the $50,000 Isfahans) with a woman wearing Clinique, I'll just about plotz.

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
What turns me on is the sound of a steam whistle of a locomotive! Or the sound of a vintage airplane flying over... or the sound of an old car starting up and driving off... hearing the shifting of the old transmission is neat or the sound of the exhaust as it putters away... or the sounds of the brass bells on my old telephones!

I get turned on when I hear a beautiful song in a period event... being around lots of friends and old stuff gets me.

When my lovely girlfriend tells me she loves me... that's a whole kind of special.:eek:

All those things is what makes my world turn.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
MudInYerEye said:
A big rack.

...of clothes
or
...of shoes

PistolPete1969 said:
A good bourbon....YUM!!!!

yes

Soul-stirring early (1950's-1970's) Rock & Roll & Blues...

Also yes, though more 40s/50s RnB, 50s rock and roll, and late 50s/early 60s soul.

rollerskating

a fella with properly fitting button-fly jeans (cuffed, preferably) and properly greased and combed hair.

masculine hands that show signs of having done real work. this includes musicians' callouses.

putting on a pair of vintage stockings, followed in a close second by putting on red lipstick.

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Spitfire said:
What turns me on? The sound of a merlin!
It turns me on so much, that I have downloaded the sound to my PC.
Everytime I get a mail, I hear that sound. Wonderfull.:)

A P-38 Lightning winding up those turbos, though I've often wondered what a pair of Merlin engines on a P-38 would have sounded like.

A nice Sazerac, or a glass of 1930s or 1940s Herbsaint works too. ;) and if Kate Bush was there to share a glass....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld