Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What to do when they just don't get it

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
RJCNTX said:
As I think about it, I think the main thing is that she is just embarrassed at this point when I'm with her and wearing a hat. While I have loved hats for a while, buying and wearing them is very recent.

I'm slowly pointing out when I see the celebs wearing a hat because that helps with her. :rolleyes:

My first thought was she might be embarrassed. Some women seem to be very concerned about what others think of them. Of course men do to, but men often will pretend to not care as a macho pride thing.

I would suggest you firstly, tell her that while she does not have to like them, please treat you with the respect you deserve by not being critical, or influencing your daughter. IF you are a good husband as I am sure you are, she needs to just be greatful that this is your only odd habit. Secondly, most money gurus advise couples to share some income, but also have ehteir own for their own interests. If you choose to spend yours on hats, that should be your right, and you should let her buy whatver she wants with her private funds.

Thirdly, when you go out, dress nicely, be very polite and gentlemanly and smile and say hello to everyone, so that you will always get very positive response. This should help her come around about being embarrassed.

Course, easy for me to say. I am single.

Spellflower

Practically Family
epic610 said:
many women have a predisposition to anything that detracts attention away from them.

Do you mean "many women have an aversion to anything that detracts attention away from them."?

Red McCutcheon

New in Town
d

Or "many women have an aversion to anything that diverts attention from them."

Eventually, this will become a sentence worthy of Tolstoy. Rodney Tolstoy, that is.

ShortClara

One Too Many
Vintage Betty said:
Why are we wasting time on this pesky conversation when you fellas could be talking about ME?? :eek: :D lol

LOL Betty, that's what I meant to say! I was too busy being on my girly high horse, the better for everyone to see me upon.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
ShortClara said:
LOL Betty, that's what I meant to say! I was too busy being on my girly high horse, the better for everyone to see me upon.

;)

Back on topic - if she likes celebs with hats, have you thought of buying a current gossip magazine than take her hat shopping for a woman's hat that is like her favorite celebrity? Sneaky, but it might soften her up.

VB

indycop

I'll Lock Up
epic610 said:
many women have a predisposition to anything that detracts attention away from them.
You could go the other way with that and say maybe some folks don't want attention brought to them. If you are with someone wearing a hat and people are looking then you may feel that they are looking at you too![huh]

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
RJCNTX said:
When I say "they" of course, you may read into that WIFE.

Who here has to deal with a wife that just doesn't understand your "deal with hats"?

I think the problem is that you want to wear hats but yet you aren't also wearing the pants? lol

*Runs far away*

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
epic610 said:

:eusa_clap

I didn't realize there were so many women out there who were anti hats. I love a gentleman in a hat. [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe