Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What makes you feel vintage?

PistolPete1969

One of the Regulars
My .02 cents

For me, vintage is shooting my 1917 S&W revolver with close-to-original loads. The feel of the old forged steel frame carbon blue revolvers in one's hands just feels right. It is made the way things should be made; to last a lifetime.

Vintage is also having manners and courtesy; opening doors for ladies, tipping one's hat and showing simple human courtesy. Also it means not looking like a slob or frat-brat when in public.

Just my .02 cents

Pete

Emer

One of the Regulars
Red lipstick, skirts, records, and my husband.

Red lipstick because it looks amazing with my hair and makes me feel like a little pin-up.

Skirts because they are so feminine and I love the way my legs look in them with a great pair of repro/vintage heels. lol

Records because the white noise and clicks just don't have the same character as a CD.

My husband because he still opens my car door and gives me his hand to help me out. ♥

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Speaking of skirts, I usually wear long, semi-fitted 1930s skirts that end mid-calf.

It's been bitterly cold here so my legs have been a bit exposed to the frostiness. Therefore, I get the inevitable dry, flakey, itchy skin :(

Well, today in work I couldn't take it anymore and right at my desk I lifted my skirt to my knees and put my lotion on them. I'm such a dork because I felt slightly scandalous for doing this, even though girls there wear skirts shorter than that. But for a very brief moment I felt like I was in a pre-Code movie. :)

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Walking into a crowded big ol' ballroom with the JW Swing Orchestra (22-piece big band in Melbourne AU) in their tuxes belting out big band swing.

The heat hits you and the floor boards are jumpin'

You can't wait to get the hat and coat off, grab a stranger (preferably, but not necessarily, a female) and hit the floor.

Another thing that makes me feel vintage is getting those pesky button-up flies undone! Now that's vintage, baby!! :D

$ally

One Too Many
filfoster said:
What did you think of "1940's House", the PBS production of the family who chose to live 'authentically' in that time, in London?
I didn't watch it, but I'd love to. Did they cover their windows at night?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe