Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Sort of Vintage Enthusiast Are You?

Miss Moonlight

A-List Customer
I wouldn't even try to categorize myself, vintage has always been a part of my life (and my family's) so it's always been a mix of things, starting with music, cars, and film, and eventually clothing and housewares, etc., as well.

And thanks to growing up listening to old radio, music, and watching classic film, I do things like referencing Jack Benny to describe the way my hand is always on my chin in pics... and no one has any idea what I'm talking about. Guess I need more vintagey friends...lol

Mid-fogey

Practically Family
Definitely…

…Vintage Inspired. Like Hemmingway Jones, I’m a 44L (Sometimes a 44XL), so my experience is that I’d have to look too much to find anything. Most of the thrift stores in my area only seem to have 20-30 year old suits anyway.

I have nothing against wearing vintage, but opening up a box with a new pair of Allen Edmunds in them – ah, the heavenly leather smell. Except for my Great Uncle Sidney’s pocket watch, I don’t think I have anything that I didn’t buy new. Even my Pelikan and Aurora fountain pens are new.

Does my old stuff count? I have some 20 to 40 year old items that I got new.

BTW, If I had a time machine, I’d probably try to go back and have a shopping spree, in my size – and new!!

Derek WC

Banned
1 and 4.

I try to do everything the old way, and I go to thrifts as much as possible.

Also, I make my own clothes from modified modern patterns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld