Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green, of course...

Green Akubra Campdraft on St. Patty's Day....
cdgreen5.jpg

Musashi

One of the Regulars
Mario said:
Looking good there! The proportions are indeed much better balanced now.

Had it been a vintage Whippet, well, I would have had second thoughts about taking the scissors to the hat but seeing that this a modern one...well, you can only improve it... ;)

But that made me think... A Whippet without the brim binding...is that still a Whippet? After all the Whippet has always been known for the bound brim... Now this is a rather philosophical matter and I really think that I should write a book on the subject...!! :p :D ;)

Had it been a vintage whippet i would not have touched it.

As for the brim binding. I have the same question. My answer is two-fold: 1. It is now a hat i will WEAR. and 2. I may yet have binding put back onto it once I have established myself as a customer with Art Fawcett and ordered a hat or two of his own creation.

P.S. As per your note. Yes i was shaky and paranoid cutting it. It's not perfect, but I'm happy with it, and the sanding helped smooth out imperfections.

P.P.S. The FISHING LINE that the band is sewed/tied onto it with is the next to go.

Musashi

One of the Regulars
Quite an Improvement! Then again I am biased against it's original luck as I used to work at Busch Gardens in High School, and that BEFORE shot looks like the "Das Burgermeister"s hat. ZIGGA ZAGGA ZIGGA ZAGGA HOY HOY HOY!

:)

bolthead said:
Thanks Musashi....it used to look like this.

Loden2.jpg
Loden4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe