Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Today, my Stingy Whippet.
StingyWhippet004-1.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I'm really digging the greens today, and this is my favorite. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

jimmy the lid said:
Getting a jump start on tomorrow, with a Green Borsalino Alessandria...

IMG]http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w103/mojohaiku/GB-1.jpg[/IMG]

Cheers,
JtL

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Not that there's any slouching here. That's one fine hat. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

GoneSolo said:
Nice one bolt. Lets see that hat pin.

My go-to Playboy:

IMG]http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/885/imagezr.jpg[/IMG]
QUOTE]

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Im wearing a Vintage Resistol 990 3X Beaver fur felt "Kitten Finish." I just won this hat off of ebay and got it today. With shipping, I paid only $22.00 for it. The hat was a little dusty when I got it, but after brushing it real good, as you can see in the pictures, the fur felt is absolutely perfect. This is my second vintage hat and im extreamly happy with my purchase. In the pictures the flash from the camera made the hat look a lot lighter than it is. The color is a very dark brown. Any idea of the the time frame when the hat was made? On the back of the paper size tag is the union hatters of america stamp. Heres some pics:

DSC03108.jpg

DSC03109.jpg

DSC03110.jpg

DSC03112.jpg

DSC03114.jpg

DSC03118.jpg

DSC03119.jpg

DSC03120.jpg

DSC03121.jpg

DSC03124.jpg

Zanzibarstar

One of the Regulars
You're gonna be happy with that one! I've got a similar Resistol Beaver with the Kitten Finish, and its definitely the nicest felt in my small collection. Enjoy!

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Musashi said:

Looking good there! The proportions are indeed much better balanced now.

Had it been a vintage Whippet, well, I would have had second thoughts about taking the scissors to the hat but seeing that this a modern one...well, you can only improve it... ;)

But that made me think... A Whippet without the brim binding...is that still a Whippet? After all the Whippet has always been known for the bound brim... Now this is a rather philosophical matter and I really think that I should write a book on the subject...!! :p :D ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe