Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinaski

One Too Many
That's a great looking old hat. On your mug I don't think it has limited wearability at all. Nicely done!

Edit: I thought I had attached a pic of the old Stetson you just posted Scott. Since I didn't, I was referring to that hat.

Bantam Man

One of the Regulars
Bound brim Borsalino

rlk said:
The original owner was a pinch grabber(lots of wear there)and stuffed most of the crown down. Had the June 23.1943 Newspaper (Geneva,Switzerland)under the sweatband.

Great hat RLK!

Is there a chance that you could post a picture of the liner of this hat? Perhaps that could help with the dating of other Boralino's?

Also -- I ask this because of the bound brim -- is this a Borsalino specifically produced for the US market?

Thanks in advance!

RBH

Bartender
HarpPlayerGene said:
Great 'greens' guys!

---------------

Knox Vagabond here today:

DSC_0004.jpg
Classic!!!
Well done my friend!

Musashi

One of the Regulars
ScottF said:
This hat, because of it's huge crown and light color, should have limited wearability, but I love it - Stetson really knew what they were doing back in the '20s and '30s:

StetsonExcMe2Sm.jpg

Not only is that fantastic hat, but the photo puts you back in he time period! Great! I think the key to the crown not LOOKING too high is the wide band. IMHO.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Stetson 1925-35 Select Quality

Musashi said:
Not only is that fantastic hat, but the photo puts you back in he time period! Great! I think the key to the crown not LOOKING too high is the wide band. IMHO.

Thanks. I don't like taking pics of myself while out in public, and there's nowhere except my bathroom where I can get decent lighting, thus I'm limited to these semi-b&w shots. Speaking of high crowns, here's what I'm wearing today (but with a coat):

SelectBlackMeSm.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
jimmy the lid said:
No, seriously -- it's snowing here...:eek: :eek: :eek:

Brown Whippet with green ribbon...

BGWhippet.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

One of my favorites of your hats. And I'm extremely jealous of your snow - we haven't even had a trace.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
This hat, because of it's huge crown and light color, should have limited wearability, but I love it - Stetson really knew what they were doing back in the '20s and '30s:

StetsonExcMe2Sm.jpg

And when it comes to wearing these oldies and making them look great today, YOU know what you're doing, buddy! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Michaelshane said:
HPG looks like you cinched that belt up a notch,mine goes the other way....:)

Mr. Paladin said:
Some really great hats and looks in the last couple of pages.....Gene!....EAT!

Oh, here we go again!...

Hey, Mario, it's your turn to stick up for me, man!! lol lol

-----------------

Truth be told, the fluctuation in belt synching has to do with a certain 'accessory' which I sometimes carry inside-the-waistband and other times in my pocket. ;)

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
Douglas, is that an overwelt?

I have almost the exact same hat with the exact same colors...I think...light grey with a lighter purple ribbon? Mine has an underwelt but they appear quite similar....

You wear it better though. ;)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
Truth be told, the fluctuation in belt synching has to do with a certain 'accessory' which I sometimes carry inside-the-waistband and other times in my pocket. ;)
That last piece of pizza you didn't eat in St.Augustine?lol lol

Lookin good guys!

Big_e

Practically Family
I wore my Jaxon Pinch Crown again today. Right on time too because it rained this afternoon and the temp dropped.
Ernest

Picture388.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld