Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RBH said:
Now thats a nice thin ribbon!!!!

And why does Kim not have one?

Here's one for you. She said I could crop this one down.

IMG_0037.jpg

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Bob, I'm looking at the shadow cast by that brim and I think that's reason enough to NOT crop. Stingy in the tropics doesn't make a whole lot of sense to this yankee. Ok, I know you wouldn't take it that far. You both look almost too happy to be legal.;)
Tom D.

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
I really dunno about this but...

Here's the Wormser Tex Mex Homburg.

It arrived today, so I thought I'd try it out. According to the seller, the previous owner was an elderly Mexican from Texas. I can picture this being worn in the company of a mariachi band. It had oilskin glued to the inside of the sweat which was old and discoloured so I've removed it. The lining is sewn in and the sweat is supple enough but the stitching is coming away. The lining logo is covered with oilskin. I'm guessing it's from the 50s/60's.

Other than that I've given it a slight crease adjustment inspired by the famous photo of Banjo Paterson that once was my avatar. I was aiming to pull the front and back brim down causing the sides to curl up more as The Banjo did to his homburg in these pics - though his crown doesn't look quite as tall. It still needs work:

banjo-paterson-192_668274e.jpg
banjo-paterson-profile.jpg

I notice the Wormser logo states that it's 'Styled by Wormser' which I take to mean that Wormser was not the manufacturer, at least at this stage of their history. Wormser was (and I think still is) primarily a hat retailer and I guess he had his house brand manufactured elsewhere.

Brim: 3 1/8"
Crown: 5 1/2" open
Ribbon: 2"
Sweat: 1 6/8"

I must admit folks - I'm really not sure I'm a homburg kinda guy (that look on my face is pure trepidation) ...

SDC10355.jpg
SDC10354.jpg
SDC10352.jpg
SDC10349.jpg

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Gentlemen, I've seen the most beautiful hats the last couple of days. It always makes me happy to see happy hat-wearers!! keep it up :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap edit... and let's not forget the inspirational and always classy looking Sue!!

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Ephraim Tutt said:

Ephraim: I might take some getting used to, but I really like the look! And the hat is just wonderful. I told you that the ribbon has that beautiful color, remember? Conrats to the hat and the look of it on your noggin! :eusa_clap

Nice match with the tie, BTW.

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Mario said:
Ephraim: I might take some getting used to, but I really like the look! And the hat is just wonderful. I told you that the ribbon has that beautiful color, remember? Conrats to the hat and the look of it on your noggin! :eusa_clap

Nice match with the tie, BTW.

Yep you sure did Mario - and you were spot on about the colour of that ribbon. It was coincidence that I happened to be wearing that tie to work today when the hat arrived at my office.

I'll keep working on pulling that brim front and back down a bit. I'm just not sure. But I'm glad you like the look cos I do value your sense of style.

Victor67

New in Town
hello everybody, it's half past noon in Portugal and i've been watching your hats of yesterday. very nice going, my fellows (and ladies) hat-lovers. i think that to comemorate the feeling i'm going to watch again "Casablanca" or "Miller's Crossing" (one great Cohen brothers movie) or any of the Cary Grant's or Fred Astaire's movies... after all, i don't work today and it's raining steadily here. many congratulations on your exceptional lids, everybody :) :eusa_clap ;) :) :eusa_clap ;) :) :eusa_clap ;) :)

billysmom

One Too Many
Ephraim Tutt said:
Here's the Wormser Tex Mex Homburg.

I must admit folks - I'm really not sure I'm a homburg kinda guy (that look on my face is pure trepidation) ...

SDC10349.jpg

I think it looks great, E. T.! My experience was that Homburgs take a lot of getting used to (I think it's that off-the-face thing), but in the end I was sucked in by their elegance. You might try narrowing the brim a bit in the front - gives it more of the swoop you're looking for. And the hat itself is truly wonderful. Love the ribbon!

Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe