Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Today it's my latest win, a 7" Mayser Antilope from 1961. Incredibly light and floppy felt (the label calls it Superbe...). No liner, so it does pretty well on warmer days too.

mayser_antilope_1961_07_11_09.jpg

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice one, Mario. Today is a Panama day

Picture0003.jpg

Still need help dating this one. Any ideas based on that Union Label?

IMG_2096.jpg

IMG_2097.jpg

IMG_2098.jpg

IMG_2101.jpg

IMG_2102.jpg

IMG_2103.jpg

Warbaby

One Too Many
This is a well-worn Royal Stetson Open Road that I picked up at the thrift store a couple of weeks ago for 5 bucks. I was going to clean and rebash it, but it's got so much character that I've come to like it just the way it is.

R_StetsonOR2.jpg

Here's a photo as it was found and one with it cleaned up and rebanded. I really like the somewhat lumpy bash and the tight pinch. A good brushing removed most of the surface dirt and saddle soap cleaned up the heavy sweat stains on the sweatband. The original skinny band was too far gone to salvage so I made a new one, wide enough to cover the odd bulge. It's now my favorite everyday fedora.

StetsonB8.jpg

StetsonC2cr.jpg

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Tesi sisal

At the Igusa Hachimangu shrine

NikonJuly2009007.jpg

Igusa Hachimangu, a shrine said to have been established by Minamoto no Yoritomo, first shogun of the Kamakura Shogunate (1192-1333) in thanks for his military victories. The art of yabusame (horse- mounted archery) was promulgated by Yoritomo to hone the skills of his samurai, and exhibitions of the practice are held here once every five years.

NikonJuly2009016.jpg

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
graduation030.jpg

Wore my new VS to my wifes graduation from nursing school. Art finally won her over with this new one. She has me wear 'the new one from Art' exclusively now:D

bolthead

Perforated Biltmore.....

Well, I haven't posted in here for awhile, but as I see by checking out this thread every day, you guys are really tearin' down the house with all these great hat pics.

Well done everyone, keep 'em coming. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Biltmore1.jpg
Biltmore2.jpg

RBH

Bartender
bolthead said:
Well, I haven't posted in here for awhile, but as I see by checking out this thread every day, you guys are really tearin' down the house with all these great hat pics.

Biltmore1.jpg
Biltmore2.jpg
Bolt.. sure great to see ya!!!!
NOW THAT IS A NICE HAT!!!!

You are doing it Hollywood style!
OR IS IT Boltstyle!!! :D

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
handlebar bart said:
graduation030.jpg

Wore my new VS to my wifes graduation from nursing school. Art finally won her over with this new one. She has me wear 'the new one from Art' exclusively now:D
You have a LOVELY family. And congrats to the wife. Oh, and the hat, nice.

Mr. Paladin

I am quite happily wearing two today; both e-Bay wins and both of which I am very pleased with. Detail shots are posted on the "New Hats" thread, for anyone interested.

My new fedora style Open Road:
ORandAdam013.jpg

ORandAdam014.jpg

And my new Adam Executive:
ORandAdam015.jpg

ORandAdam016.jpg

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
bolthead said:

Biltmore1.jpg
Biltmore2.jpg

Now that is snazzy.:eusa_clap It seems to me that it is the only one of its kind on the Lounge.

bolthead

Thanks fellas....

handlebar bart said:
Now that is snazzy.:eusa_clap It seems to me that it is the only one of its kind on the Lounge.
I think you may be right Bart.

I didn't know what to expect when I won this one, (last year). It was listed as NOS.

They weren't kidding either. Even with all the perforation, the felt is extremely soft and pliable, very light weight as well.

Definitely one of my all time favorites. I wish I had gotten the other one similar to it now. [huh]

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
handlebar bart said:
graduation030.jpg

Congrats to your wife! And glad to learn she's getting into your hat wearing. She was a tough cookie to crumble but she obviously has good taste.

Bantam Man

One of the Regulars
Open Road

Mr. Paladin said:
I am quite happily wearing two today; both e-Bay wins and both of which I am very pleased with. Detail shots are posted on the "New Hats" thread, for anyone interested.

My new fedora style Open Road:
ORandAdam013.jpg

Mr. Paladin, congrats with this great hat! It suits you very well! A wonderful look with a well-deserved smile.

BobC

First of all, congrats to your wife, Bart, on her graduation.

Nice hats everyone. Bart, the VS is excellent.

Nice, Bolt, good to see you around again.

Mr. P, both are fine looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe