Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Bartender
Fantastic hats everyone!!!!!
:eusa_clap Gene, you are fast becoming a 'Douglas' :eusa_clap
:eusa_clap Every hat you wear looks great.:eusa_clap

Stoney said:
and Rusty, that shirt is lust laugh out loud funny!

lol lol lol lol lol
Thanks Stoney, there is a long story behind that shirt. I will have to tell ya some day!

Viper Man

Banned
Today I am wearing my Fiesta "Panama Sam" Porkpie. I picked this up from VHS in San Diego while on vacation last year. It's a great hat and I really dig the style but the original ribbon left much to be desired (it was cheap and glued to the hat) so I removed it and replaced it with some vintage ribbon that I had been saving for such a project. This was my first ribbon replacement and I'm pretty happy with the final results. Here are some shots...

Before (with crappy black ribbon)

319888790.jpg

After (with new/vintage chocolate ribbon)

327807747.jpg

Viper Man

Banned
Thanks, Daddy! Cheers! It has certainly prompted me to wear it more often. I have to give kudos to the FL for the excellent ribbon replacing tutorial. I don't know if I could have done the job without it.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Out in Butte, MT. Worth walden beaver 50 custom.
Check out the other hats here too.
The cowboy hat is pure beaver and is by a custom maker from out in MT, I can't remember which one, though.

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Viper Man said:
Today I am wearing my Fiesta "Panama Sam" Porkpie. I picked this up from VHS in San Diego while on vacation last year. It's a great hat and I really dig the style but the original ribbon left much to be desired (it was cheap and glued to the hat) so I removed it and replaced it with some vintage ribbon that I had been saving for such a project. This was my first ribbon replacement and I'm pretty happy with the final results. Here are some shots...

Before (with crappy black ribbon)

319888790.jpg

After (with new/vintage chocolate ribbon)

327807747.jpg
Super job Geoff.....it looks great.
I don't remember seeing this hat before, I really like this one. :eusa_clap

DM, 2 more great shots man.......:eusa_clap

Gene, I envy you and all you're fantastic Lids......:D

Indy, you having a good time on the road? Sure sounds like it.....:D

indycop

I'll Lock Up
The day started with my Adventurebilt at the driving range, followed by my VS for town, followed by my straw western for playing around on the farm.:)

Crappy cell phone pic at dusk.:eek:

dusk.jpg

du.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the kind comments folks! A "Douglas" huh? Now THAT'S a fine compliment for sure. Actually I haven't really gotten started since there's quite a few hats I don't wear this time of the year. I'll keep 'em comin' throughout the seasons.

Also, I'll keep enjoying all the other hats I'm seeing here. D-Man, Indy, Rusty, on and on... Some really great straws showing up lately too.

Oh and Bolty; "Thou shalt not covent thy neighbors brim". lol

Today was a Stetson grey Whippet. Fairly old with $10 price tag intact and black embossed insignia rather than the gold of later models (my girlfriend's still getting used to the auto focus on a new little digital camera I bought :) ):

DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

40da_3.jpg

Viper Man

Banned
Man, I wish I could go to Memphis. Thanks for the kind words, bolt & RBH! I love this porkpie. It's the only straw I own and the brim is a bit stingy at 2 1/4" but not too short.

Gene, I love that Whippet! What a beauty. I am also starting to think you have just as many suspenders as you do hats. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe