Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerekson

One Too Many
I actually have not done anything to the brim. It's the standard 3 in. on 2 5/8 in. dimensional cut.

The reason it appears narrower is because it has considerable curl (LC style).

havershaw

Practically Family
JM Stovall -
Wow - I have never seen another Sunnington. I have one - somewhat similar to that one. Yours is vintage, right? (I know mine is.) Mine is actually a Royal Sunnington. Nice!

jeff

One of the Regulars
Rick Blaine said:
I was finaly able to wear a felt for the first time in many, many moons.
The rain was coming down, the temp down below 70, both for the first time in over five months, the wind was up & it was the perfect excuse to break this 'un out.
stst3x.jpg

stet3xprofile.jpg

gregport.jpg

It is a 3x Stetson I picked up from OFAS for less than $13 a few weeks ago, I must admit to wondering where the rest of ya'll were on this one. It is an Open Road ( or Strat, ' ceptin it is 3x) in all but name & the brim measures only 2.5". :cheers1: here's to cooler weather!

RB

Rick, I LOVE THIS HAT! Very nicely shaped. It has a lot of character.

What color would you call that? It looks sort of "light pumpkin" - is that just th lighting?

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks Jeff, I sure like it!

jeff said:
Rick, I LOVE THIS HAT! Very nicely shaped. It has a lot of character.

What color would you call that? It looks sort of "light pumpkin" - is that just th lighting?

The color is, I believe, the ubiquitous Stetson "Fawn" I have a Akubra made Setson Open Road & two thin ribboned borso OR clones about the same color. Of course we'll see what color it ends up as once it comes out of a Coleman fuel dunking, DM is probably right in that it is a little grotty. :D

bolthead

deanglen said:
I know you like brim up. I like it down, shot's 2 & 3. Your choices suit you very well. With the possible exception of that brim thing.;)

dean
I wear 'em both ways Dean, but mostly brim down....the wife don't like 'em brim up either. [huh]

ideaguy

One Too Many
Rick Blaine said:
I was finaly able to wear a felt for the first time in many, many moons.
The rain was coming down, the temp down below 70, both for the first time in over five months, the wind was up & it was the perfect excuse to break this 'un out.
stst3x.jpg

stet3xprofile.jpg

gregport.jpg

It is a 3x Stetson I picked up from OFAS for less than $13 a few weeks ago, I must admit to wondering where the rest of ya'll were on this one. It is an Open Road ( or Strat, ' ceptin it is 3x) in all but name & the brim measures only 2.5". :cheers1: here's to cooler weather!

RB
Rick: self portrait is terrific. What model Nikon? Pls. PM me re: photo problem on computer-can't get my photos outta da box, out to you folks. grrrr thanks M alias ideaguy:eusa_clap :eusa_doh:

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Cavanagh Thin Ribbon

Another group of great hats the past couple of days! I've gotta add my thanks to Alan for starting this thread. :eusa_clap

It was significantly cooler today than yesterday, so I went with a felt hat. This time it was my Cavanagh thin ribbon. (I keep meaning to apply for membership in the Brotherhood of the Thin Ribbon--I have enough of them to qualify now, I think!:D )

15Sep07Cavanaghthinribbon.jpg

Keep those great photos coming, gentlemen!

Cheers,
Tom

Rick Blaine

Tango Yankee said:
Another group of great hats the past couple of days! I've gotta add my thanks to Alan for starting this thread. :eusa_clap

It was significantly cooler today than yesterday, so I went with a felt hat. This time it was my Cavanagh thin ribbon. (I keep meaning to apply for membership in the Brotherhood of the Thin Ribbon--I have enough of them to qualify now, I think!:D )

15Sep07Cavanaghthinribbon.jpg

Keep those great photos coming, gentlemen!

Cheers,
Tom

Oh, that is sweet! :eusa_clap I dunno that I have ever seen a Cav w/ a thin ribbon & bound brim. I'll bet the felt is exquisite! What's the brim 2 1/2"?

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Good eye, Rick! The felt part of the brim is 2 1/2", with the bound edge adding another 1/8". The felt is, indeed, buttery-smooth to the touch. It's a favorite!

Thanks,
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe