Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jptravels4fun

New in Town
Havana, Cuba
HAVANANOIRPaperfix.jpg
IMG_2197.JPG
IMG_2197.JPG
HAVANANOIRPaperfix.jpg
IMG_2197.JPG

totallyfrozen

One of the Regulars
Good day all. Happy independence day to all our friends south of the border. Just had a fantastic Canada day long weekend with the family...

Mowing the yard in a straw from Mexico. It was not cooler in that hat at all. Over heated beyond all imagine.
[/URL]
[/URL
]

[/URL
]

Me and my sister at the festivities. She is wearing her Coober Pedy.

[/URL
]

Have a great day everyone.

Johnny
I like that palm straw. I have one (different style). Mine is a Tula brand. The other big name (that I know of) is Sun Body. They're actually here in Houston, TX. Tula is in Austin, TX. I'm surprised you found the palm straw too hot. Lots of landscapers here in southeast Texas wear them outside all day. Granted, most of the landscapers around here are all Mexican so maybe they have a higher heat tolerance than us northerners (I'm from Alaska, myself). Seems to be a pretty well respected hat material around these parts.
Personally, I'm partial to a genuine pith helmet--IF it's super hot (about 95°F or above, AND either you stay in the backyard OR you have the confidence of a king) because those things will turn heads and get you lots of 2nd glances. LOL! Most of the year, I'll wear the Tula for outdoor work. During the summer months, I'll wear the pith. It's averaged about 105° here for the last week or so. That's pith helmet weather for me and if I'm doing yard work.
Your palm straw looks pretty nice, I'll say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I like that palm straw. I have one (different style). Mine is a Tula brand. The other big name (that I know of) is Sun Body. They're actually here in Houston, TX. Tula is in Austin, TX. I'm surprised you found the palm straw too hot. Lots of landscapers here in southeast Texas wear them outside all day. Granted, most of the landscapers around here are all Mexican so maybe they have a higher heat tolerance than us northerners (I'm from Alaska, myself). Seems to be a pretty well respected hat material around these parts.
Personally, I'm partial to a genuine pith helmet--IF it's super hot (about 95°F or above, AND either you stay in the backyard OR you have the confidence of a king) because those things will turn heads and get you lots of 2nd glances. LOL! Most of the year, I'll wear the Tula for outdoor work. During the summer months, I'll wear the pith. It's averaged about 105° here for the last week or so. That's pith helmet weather for me and if I'm doing yard work.
Your palm straw looks pretty nice, I'll say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks man. It is a garage sale find. I have wanted a sunbody hat for some time now but haven't been able to justify buying one yet. I also use a pith helmet for the really hot weather. Just broke out my French model again. I don't do well in any heat over 27 degrees celcius. So anything I can do to beat the heat I love. I now have four. French Indian British and Wolseley.
You should post some pictures of yours. Either here or in the Doom thread
Johnny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe