Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregNYC

One Too Many
Out for some rainy last-minute shopping in the Akubra Stylemaster before our Hawaii trip tomorrow....

f9eb709580589b25be4e764edd822a17.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GregNYC

One Too Many
Harv, thanks for asking. You know, Hawaiian shirts are an area I'd love to collect. I might wait till I retire, since 95% of the time, I have to wear office-wear to the law firm. But I sincerely love Alohas!!

So here is the present lineup. I am taking too many hats. It's only a 7-day stay (longer than a "three-hour tour" though!)

7 shirts
  • 5 Hawaiian shirts, mostly with WWII themes
  • 1 Tommy Bahama silk resort shirt
  • 1 retro "Paradise Lounge" shirt

13 hats There's a variety, since I'll be doing different things. E.g. hiking, boating, attending the Pearl Harbor Dec. 7th ceremony (I'm just an onlooker), and just lounging around in the shade. I'm also taking lots of high-quality zinc-oxide sunblock and some UPF clothing.

• Brent Black Panama "Optimo" in hat box
  • Stefeno Panama fedora, worn on the plane
  • Tesi "Flessible" rollable Milan, rolled up in a lined Pringles can
  • Monsivais 8-dart summer cap made from bone-color linen
  • Mayser cotton summer Ivy flat cap
  • Army baseball cap with my unit patch from Panama (470th MI GRP), 1975-79
  • Kangol Ventair 504 flat cap in white
  • Kangol Ventair 504 flat cap in beige
  • Kangol Ventair 504 flat cap in sky blue
  • Kangol Samuel L. Jackson Golf 507 semi-flat cap in navy and white block stripes
  • Orvis Wide-brim rollable Panama hat with UPF-50, rolled up in a lined Pringles can
  • Tilley LTM6 Airflo in OD green, with UPF-50
  • Adidas running hat (baseball style)

Last edited:

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Nice hats today and I was about to choose my 7XCB but I opted for this Tom Mix
20141202.jpg

After lunch switched for the big brown Stagecoach but forgotten to take a picture of it. Then my brother showed up to finish his moving so I changed to this long hair Thoroughbred.
20141202b.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good evening folks. I am finally sitting down in a recliner at home. Long day - as many of us have. Truly I am enjoying catching up on the contributions to this thread. Thanks to all. I am taking time to acknowledge a few recent, but to all, WAY TO GO!

David; I am always amazed when I see the pics of the 7x’s. If the felt looks grand in a grainy pic, I imagine that it is even better in person. Wear it proudly.

Strapped; Hat/tie combo is grand. Excellent choices today.

Charlie; The new lid looks good. The marvelous felt comes thru on the pics, but I did notice the excellent Pendleton Board Shirt. Living the life I see.

Tommy; The 2 Stetsons look new! Cheers sir. I hold the opinion that you look good in the tuxedo.

BTW: The Woolrich Pennsylvania Tuxedo resembles the Minnesota Filson “downtown suit.” Where you see the Penn. Tuxedo, I see the MN suit. Everyday I have as many as a dozen fathers picking their gymnasts up wearing the MN “downtown suit” that is worn when running errands downtown. Interestingly today when the temps were in the 20'sF folks were wearing very light clothing (fleece and light wool outwear) and generally dancing and acting about like it was warm.

H.Weinstein; Sir I would tip my brim to you if I saw you. Classy duds and hat.

Alan; What’s to say but classy look today. Well done sir. The 7x needs more head time.

Greg; Best wishes for you and family on your warm weather vacation. Your head prep looks well thought out. Excellent location for a warm vacation. I think fondly of my times spent on the islands. My last visit was doing a triathalon when I did not take enough time to just kick back and enjoy the beach scene. Thinking about it, I miss surfing. Kick back and njoy sir – sounds like a vacation is due.

Joao; Well worn sir. The Tom Mix I see you wear is a hat I admire on you. It takes a very distinguished picture I believe. My Portuguese Water Dogs and I think of you when ever we see big brims sir! Tudo de bom!

To all - well represented folks. Best, Eric -

Last edited:

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao; Well worn sir. The Tom Mix I see you wear is a hat I admire on you. It takes a very distinguished picture I believe. My Portuguese Water Dogs and I think of you when ever we see big brims sir! Tudo de bom!
Thank you!! President Obama also have Portuguese Water Dogs.
And thank you again, with a bit of practice, Portuguese is a easy language.

Tedquinton

A-List Customer
Wow Greg

13 hats in 7 days. My hat's off to you sir!

I took two to Turkey, one felt, one panama and got grief from the wife. Should really have stuck with the panama, but couldn't resist the chance to wear an 'Indyesqe' hat around the many ruins we visited. It's the child in me!

Have an enjoyable and safe trip and look forward to the photos on your return.

Greg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thanks guys for the 7X comments form yesterday. I'm a huge fan of the 7XCB - I prefer it to the 100 I owned for a while. Nice to see your example yesterday too, Alan.

Great hats in the last 24 hours. I'm looking forward to seeing what today brings.

Barrister for me, this cold damp morning:

smugshot_3189893-L.jpg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
It's time of hats. Cold arrives and everyone at every latitude in the north emisphere wear "something" on the head.
Here there are fireworks everyday. All my admiration for the hatted heads.
This afternoon, with a very pale sun in the clouds, I wear a Flechet DeLuxe BluGreyish.
View attachment 20806
It is a medium thick fur felt
View attachment 20807
Proportions are very classic in EU, but the shape is very ancient for the european taste.
View attachment 20809
It belong to the German-Austrian "old school of hatters" even if it was made in France probably in the 50'.
View attachment 20810
New life for an old French oak

Greg, you are in trouble. :eeek: Have a good journey to the tropics. :)

Like Daniele, I am bundled... and braced for a rain/snow mix. Stetson Standard Quality c.1930.

120314.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82