Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stetson Weekender

18c763df4770294ea7d6e127f53bdd88.jpg

Lt.hats

A-List Customer
Thank you all for your kind comments!

Daniele, my size is a7-1/2 PUNTI, or somewhere between 7-3/4 and 7-7/8 US. Be thankful you DON'T have my size. The size, however, makes this (and any other) vintage hat (of the same size) very, VERY, VERY special.

Remind me never to complain about being a 7 5/8 LO :eek:

smoothsailor

One of the Regulars
great hat

Extremely hip today, Sam. Rocking the beret, bud!!
Mark you have begun the season, sir. It's DECEMBER!!
A classic commencement to the week, David.
And the family-style photos of the last few days are just spectacular, Che, Greg! Almost not fair using such good-looking models.

Life is WAaaay over-scheduled these days. Wedding showers; baby shower, hat pursuits, and, oh yeah... trying to make a living!

Yesterday as I was leaving to attend the baby shower, there was a miracle! ANOTHER new arrival!! A Sunday delivery from the USPS left a box which I thought would be here today or tomorrow. So today I am wearing this Old England Hatters' (new arrival) lid. Now the tallest (and oldest?) fedora I own. More pics later in the new hats thread. I would really like to establish a manufacture date on this one.

Cool effect, sweet hat, there Strapped!

Thank you kindly, Smoothsailor!

Harv I didn't see a Gremlin..., but maybe that's because your Stetson was the focus. Still trying to find some history on yesterday's hat, thank you; the most amazing felt I have (felt).

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Not sure which I like better, the hat or that glorious tie!

Thanks for the compliment. I've made a point of scouring a couple of thrift stores in the area which tend to receive good quality ties, both vintage and case-lots from closed stores. Takes a while to filter through the racks, but sometimes there are gems in there.

The Salvation Army store nearest my home tends to have the best ties, while the Goodwill near my office tends to have the best shoes and clothing.

H Weinstein

One of the Regulars
Well, not today, exactly. A couple of weeks ago in Arizona...

...while on a vacation trip. I brought along my newest Akubra -- a Rough Rider in Light Sand. I trimmed the brim a wee bit (to 3.5"), re-shaped it to my liking and changed the cattleman crease to a nice pinchfront teardrop. I also did my own hatband. Here I am "time-traveling" to 1880 on the boardwalk at Old Tucson Studios...

4uswh0.jpg

The hat won compliments from the proprietors of a hat shop on historic Whiskey Row in Prescott, AZ. They wanted to know what kind of hat it was, loved the color and band, and appreciated that the skills I learned here at The Lounge allowed me to make a very nice Akubra into something personal and customized.

GregNYC

One Too Many
Strapped, I agree! Hat and tie are awesome!

Tommy, Pennsylvania tuxedo, the Stetsons sure give it some class!

HW, that's a very good look, and you wear it well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe