Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just back from a quick trip to the Dells to meet a friend and ride the Ducks. Having grown up in the area yet never been on the ducks before I was fulfilling a child hood desire and can now check off my bucket list. Camping out at Mirror Lake State park. Hat is VS Beaver felt that I converted. My official campfire hat.
C0044533-6B79-4D2D-9C5D-C245957F25F4-462-0000007406CA5322_zpsd6877834.jpg

BA8EE0D1-E26F-460B-8B94-9A46B900823A-462-00000074A67768B9_zpsa46836b2.jpg

E3DBBEF6-FCD5-4636-9CA5-7974F174A0B0-462-00000074658DDF52_zpsb26d5a77.jpg

A6E53753-0413-4900-B434-4B7E766E882C-462-00000072AA526D1A_zpsba327961.jpg

AB0F803A-31CE-4FA4-A3DB-D09DAA34E276-462-00000074FFCF0C90_zpsd62a3c3c.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning gentlemen. Thanks for the fabulous pics this week. I enjoyed seeing all of them. Cheers!

This morning the 61'F temps prompted a cotton sweater as well as my 50's Stetson Stratoliner for my morning coffee.

DSCN5625-M.jpg

Enjoy the morning. Best, Eric -

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Justin, that photo is nicely done. I love it! Great look!

BJ, great looking hat!

HT, nice pork pie, that hat fits you great!

Rusty, a cool photo. All gentlemen looks great!

Denton, I too. You wear him great!

Alex, nice new old one, a cool look!

Tom, a sharp Western hat. Love that hatband!

Richard, love that Cap on you!

Jeff, your Resistol, it looks good on you!

Historyteach24

Call Me a Cab
historyteach - wish I could find anything decent at my local Goodwill. I would have thought it a deep gray if you hadn't said brown. I've been looking for a porkpie to try before buying - would love to find one at my Goodwill in town.

Justin - you always look well-dressed. Like the 30s effect in the photo.
VERY lucky to find it. Not perfect the hat is a size too big but a little tissue in the liner and it works

Lovely Photos, Justin, Bond. The Duck tour looks great in that setting. I have taken the urban ride on them in Boston, (includes a dip in the Charles River, and a chance for the young ones to drive the duck) but I think I prefer the scenery you're showing. It's been quite a few years since I went. Did they have you all shout "quack, quack!" or is that just a Boston thing?

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
There is also a Duck tour in Seattle where they end up in Elliot Bay. Have to agree the view looks better in Wisconsin. Watch out for skeeters Steve.

bond

Even though the Dells is a very touristy and commercialized area the Wisconsin river area there with the sandstone bluffs is pretty neat to see. There is a great photo museum in town (Bennett photography)that documents the early pioneers in the area with pics as well as the native Indian tribes that lived there too.
Lots of early hat pics that are cool as well.
Mirror Lake state park is just one of many very nice state parks in the area to camp in a natural setting and enjoy the real beauty if the place away from what my friend called "being inside a pin ball machine" of the greater dells area.

ManofKent

Manfred - thanks!

Eric - Looks good - I like the natural pinch

HatsRMe (Charlie?) - A nice pair of hats. The Stetson is particularly fine.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've spared you the sight of my pale legs contrasting unfavourably with brown shorts, and cropped these high :)

Rehfus:

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Saturday morning at the Cleveland Metroparks

My wife and I spent some time this morning at the cleveland Metroparks. Often referred to as the Emerald Necklace, it's a series of preserves, hiking paths, rivers, bike trails - surrounding the greater Cleveland area.

I wore my Australia market Cattleman. My wife doesn't share my passion for hats, but fortunately she does like Native American jewelry, though perhaps not as much as I do.

View attachment 3309 View attachment 3310 View attachment 3311 View attachment 3312 View attachment 3313 View attachment 3314 View attachment 3315 View attachment 3316 View attachment 3317

Qvist

Familiar Face
^ That is a gorgeous hat Andy! If only I´d find one like that. Could You please tell the measurements of the hat? How wide is the brim and how tall is the crown.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
^ That is a gorgeous hat Andy! If only I´d find one like that. Could You please tell the measurements of the hat? How wide is the brim and how tall is the crown.

Qvist - this is the Akubra Cattleman - an un-lined hat that has a brim of 3.25 inches and a crown at 4.5 inches in the front sloping to 4 inches at the back. It is the Australia market version, available at many online stores in Australia. If you are unfamiliar with these Internet stores, send me a private message and I'll be glad to provide you with links to my favorite places to purchase there. Here in the States, a company called David Morgan is the importer. But I prefer the Australia market Cattleman, as the David Morgan Cattleman comes with a liner (not a good idea for this hat) and with chin strap hooks (not necessary with this hat).

Akubra sells more of of the Cattleman model than any other, followed closely by the Snowy River.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Qvist - this is the Akubra Cattleman - an un-lined hat that has a brim of 3.25 inches and a crown at 4.5 inches in the front sloping to 4 inches at the back. It is the Australia market version, available at many online stores in Australia. If you are unfamiliar with these Internet stores, send me a private message and I'll be glad to provide you with links to my favorite places to purchase there. Here in the States, a company called David Morgan is the importer. But I prefer the Australia market Cattleman, as the David Morgan Cattleman comes with a liner (not a good idea for this hat) and with chin strap hooks (not necessary with this hat).

Akubra sells more of of the Cattleman model than any other, followed closely by the Snowy River.
Hmmm...doesn't look bad. That's a precreased hat isn't it? Is it stiff like a Western hat?
Nice scenery btw.

Orangegrad

Practically Family
Hmmm...doesn't look bad. That's a precreased hat isn't it? Is it stiff like a Western hat?
Nice scenery btw.

The Cattleman is pre-creased, though I did alter it a bit from out of the box. It's quite stiff and the felt is quite thick - thicker even than my Heritage fur Akubras. This hat will take a beating and then some.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao, your Stetson looks completely "at home" in your photo today. And that house is likely available at a most reasonable price...
Thakn you. This house must be very expensive and is a bit isolated, nice if you want to have stock as the property is big.

Joao - nice stetson
Thank you.

In the stall. Drew up 15th but have 28 non-pros to go first.
Can we see it?

Another afternoon in the beach, this time Figueirinha Beach in Serra da Arrabida, Setúbal.
20130810a.jpg

20130810b.jpg

Resistol 3x beaver

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Justin, bond, Orangegrad - Super pics! Riding the Ducks looks like fun, especially in that great hat! The trail shots in the Metroparks are really neat.

It's so great to get away from the concrete and confusion of the rest of the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld