Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

g.durand

One Too Many
Manfred and Richard--thank you both for the comments about the Dobbs Twenty. Richard, the Woodrow may be cool, but it's also cool

Justin--Nice Stetson and a good shot with the sun in the background.

I'm liking these longer distance photos from Justin, Richard, and Al. They more accurately depict the dimensions of the hat and show how it complements the entire person. Now what each one of us needs is a personal photographer.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My wife and I were in Fort Worth this last weekend and got to stop by Peters Brothers Hats and look around for a little while and we found some wonderful Art Deco buildings built in the early thirties.

My wife and I were able to get a good look at a hat shop in operation:

I tried to get an action shot but the shutter on my phone was apparently slow to make up for the lack of good lighting. The gentleman working is Terry. A super nice guy who was very eager to talk about hats and I could tell very much enjoyed his job. (Sorry about the picture quality)

This post office was built in the early thirties and was a palace. Just beautiful Greek inspired designs and marble and brass everywhere. I was just astounded by how lavish this building was particularly on the interior.

I am afraid I can't do the building justice with my photography but I thought this was something that would be appreciated by fellow lounge members. There was another building next to this one that used to be a train station but is now an apartment building in the upper floors and we couldn't get in. We could look through the large windows and see the main lobby and it was another jaw dropper just oozing classic thirties design.

Oh and I have posted this picture already in another thread but here is the fedora afield shot:

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Your hats are always top shelf. Your photos are always sharp. Your narratives are succinct. AND now you have shown the wisdom of Solomon. Well played Al!:eusa_clap

Thanks, you are too kind!

Thank you, Al.

Those Montecristis can certainly entertain repeated visual interest in any landscape. Handy that you can swap.

Thank you, Robert! Apparently we are atypical, even aberrant.

Definitely. I'm intrigued by the travel plan... how do you manage three fine hats?

Two heads and an ABS hat carrier. ;) That Knox looks better on you than Ol' Blue Eyes.;)

Al the travel photos are great, stay safe from the storms.

Appreciate your kind comment and well wishes, Perry! Will try and stay out of trouble. White is beautiful(referring to your OR)!

Al, your July travel, are phenomenal. You should write a travel guide with your splendid photos! Marvelous Optimo!

Thanks, Manfred! A great idea for a retirement project!

David, Al, Sam, Robert, Alan, Joao, Perry, All Super!

Steve, a sincere thanks!

AL - more great photos and a great hat

Many thanks, Richard! Love that Woodrow!

I'm liking these longer distance photos from Justin, Richard, and Al. They more accurately depict the dimensions of the hat and show how it complements the entire person. Now what each one of us needs is a personal photographer.

What are friends and family for? lol Both your Dobbs and Lee are standouts!

delectans

Call Me a Cab
July Travels

Posting these photos from earlier Friday morning in Taipei, as the clouds have rolled in from the East and the winds have picked up this afternoon. Typhoon Soulik has made landfall and we have cut short our planned activities for this afternoon and evening.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Manfred and Richard--thank you both for the comments about the Dobbs Twenty. Richard, the Woodrow may be cool, but it's also cool

Justin--Nice Stetson and a good shot with the sun in the background.

Thank you, sir! That one is my favorite as well. I'm tempted to make it my new avatar, haha!

For distance shots (such as the black & white photo), I set my camera on someting, find the angle I want, set it to the 10 second thing, and run over to get into position. It is a hastle, but it can be done :D

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Royal Stetson

smugshot_9258061-L.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
g-durand, like that photo, is nicely colored, great Lee!

Richard, don't worry about the photo, or angle, you look good my friend, good as always!

TJ, good choice, that Cap looks great and keep you warm!

Tom, great your Custom, also very nice the crease!

David, wonderful hat and pug, I love it!

Al, sorry to hear that. I hope all is well with you. It comes a better day for you, I am sure the July Travel can go on! Sharp Hat my friend!

Justin, fine and excellent photos of you and your terrific Stetson!

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Posting these photos from earlier Friday morning in Taipei, as the clouds have rolled in from the East and the winds have picked up this afternoon. Typhoon Soulik has made landfall and we have cut short our planned activities for this afternoon and evening.
Stay safe Delectans.

For today CRM Sand

IMG_6489.JPG

IMG_6491.JPG

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Oooo, nice, David! What kind of straw/weave is that?

G. Durand, cool Lee silver. Lees are some of my favorite hats.

Justin, man those are great shots. I do the same thing with distance shots, but I find they're dimensionally more accurate, which is always telling to me in the most unforgiving ways! ;) Yours rock, however.

Perry-- Now that white Stetson yesterday is a darned sweet lid, man!

Al, +1 on what Sam said. Stay safe, and I hope you will be able to recover some of your diversion later.

Sam, that Cane Rod Maker hat is sweet. Sand is one of my favorite hat colors, too.

T Jones, that cap looks great. Stay warm! ;)

Gtdean, I like that natural Art lite-- I'm guessing it isn't a color-accurate photo? I'd love to see that natural lite felt if you happen to have any other pics, if you get around to it. Is it dyed or undyed natural?

Very nice start to this Friday morning, everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld