Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michaelshane

One Too Many
Thanks for the comments on the new 100.

It's a later model, mid sixties I'd guess, very clean. I gave the original cattleman crease a nudge towards fedora... I'm happy with how that looks. The brim is very stiff and somewhat brittle - it fights back something fierce when I try to snap it down. So I think this is how it will rest for now. I'll post some additional pictures in a bit.

The one I wore yesterday is 60s also and quite stiff.The older ones I have are very soft.I can shape them like clay.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Another extraordinary weekend of hats, gentlemen!

Knocked about St. Paul today with my family, wearing my knock-about hat: VS satin finish, in Granite, and my favorite Merino wool coat.

Beautiful, clear morning, in front of The Germanic-American Institute.

Large, glittering flakes of snow wafting lazily earthward.

Historic Summit Avenue, St. Paul.

Love the white stuff on long-haired beaver fur.

At our usual table, Meritage, St. Paul, for a late lunch.

dlvh

New in Town
Scala Venice

My new Scala Venice in Black:

Myself-1.jpg

I'm looking to tweak the teardrop a bit, and possibly change to a 1 7/8 - 2" grey ribbon, but need some advice and equipment before that can happen.

Happy Hat Wearing!

Chinaski

One Too Many
Some really nice ones today! Michaelshane, I love your photos - they are a pleasure to see and you wear your hats so comfortably. Nice boots, too.

Alan, you and your wife look great, and the 100 is superb.

JtL - it's not often we see you wearing a great lid in a t-shirt, especially this time of year. Looking good!

GTdean - a nice "hat in action" photo. I hope that 2 year old isn't tied to the kind of post the Allman Bros were always singing about...

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My new Scala Venice in Black:

Myself-1.jpg

I'm looking to tweak the teardrop a bit, and possibly change to a 1 7/8 - 2" grey ribbon, but need some advice and equipment before that can happen.

Happy Hat Wearing!

There you go. Now that is excelente! Not everyone can wear a black hat well, by the way. On me they look too severe. On you, it's just another good color.

danofarlington

Another extraordinary weekend of hats, gentlemen!

Knocked about St. Paul today with my family, wearing my knock-about hat: VS satin finish, in Granite, and my favorite Merino wool coat.

Historic Summit Avenue, St. Paul.

Good one. I like the style. I hope you induce copying in the Twin Cities. Say hello to Mark Dayton for me next time you're near the mansion on Summit Avenue. Tell him I'm happy he won.

DRB

One Too Many
AL : It just does not get any better than that! That Granite VS looks great, also fine photography. Almost brings a tear to my eye.

pw007-4.jpg

Wore this hat (Stetson OR knockoff) Saturday nite to see Lyle Lovett and John Hiatt in concert at the Akron Civic Theater. Nice acoustic venue in an old ornate theater. Lyle's second song of the night was "Don't touch my hat".

pw008-3.jpg

Today, Henry the Hatter.

danofarlington

pw007-4.jpg

Wore this hat (Stetson OR knockoff) Saturday nite to see Lyle Lovett and John Hiatt in concert at the Akron Civic Theater. Nice acoustic venue in an old ornate theater. Lyle's second song of the night was "Don't touch my hat".

pw008-3.jpg

Today, Henry the Hatter.

Those are both good ones on you. With the second one, you have pulled off a "vintage looking, homburg looking dress hat" without any hint of affectation. It looks totally natural, which is the goal. So, congratulations.

Thanks, Dan. Actually, I think the second is a fedora with a wide brim binding. I tried it with the brim snapped down, but thought I liked the upward look better for a more formal appearance. Anyway, it's a great hat.

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Good one. I like the style. I hope you induce copying in the Twin Cities. Say hello to Mark Dayton for me next time you're near the mansion on Summit Avenue. Tell him I'm happy he won.

Appreciate the kind words, Dan.

AL : It just does not get any better than that! That Granite VS looks great, also fine photography. Almost brings a tear to my eye.

lol Thanks, Dennis!

Very nice, hatophile. That Stetson really complements your eye color:eek:

Neophyte

I am now thoroughly convinced regarding the versatility of lighter-colored hats. While I'm not sure about the ribbon, I'm pretty sure that this Bone color goes with just about anything, even my backpack :D.

untitled.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld