Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
policy?

Mr E Train said:
My new bluegrass green Campdraft, not really wearing it right now because we have a "no hats in the building" policy at work (except for religious reasons). The dress code is pretty lax and there are a few people who come in wearing a t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops, but God forbid that somebody wears a nice fedora.

imagepwl.jpg

are you not allowed to wear them in / out of the building??? I can see not allowing you to wear them all day, but to say hats off as soon as you hit the door is a bit ridiculous...

very nice hat btw, the bluegrass and glen grey are on my "short" list.

Mr E Train

One Too Many
RobFedoraField said:
are you not allowed to wear them in / out of the building??? I can see not allowing you to wear them all day, but to say hats off as soon as you hit the door is a bit ridiculous...

Well, it's not that strict. I take it off and hang it up once I get to my desk, and put it back on when I leave in the evening.

RobStC

A-List Customer
Torpedo said:
Mallory stingy. This is more modern, as it is obvious from its proportions. I do have some of these, which I do not wear as often, but that work well, at least to my eye, with certain outfits - as in this case, 60s inspired.

DSCF7098BB.jpg

Regards!

It does indeed work well as part of this ensemble :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Keep up the great job you're doing of inspiring the rest of us - I love seeing some of the more 50's and 60's based looks you post here :D

RobStC

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
My first real Fedora purchase. Im not sure of the model, but it is a Beaver Brand. Bought it in a little place called Heads Up in Virginia City, Nevada back in mid 2004. I think I paid a whole $40 for it. They had a $60 price tag on it and knocked another $20 off. I suppose they were looking to make room for new inventory. It did a fair job out in the snow when I was on a couple of Land Surveying Projects up by Lake Tahoe in the middle of winter.
It's a bit rough to the touch, but it makes a great knock around hat. Nothing too dressy. The sweatband is a fiber material, but surprisingly comfortable.

100_5742.jpg

Liner
100_5733.jpg

It just felt right today.

Cheers!

Dan

theinterchange

One Too Many
never hand someone who doesn't know how to use an SRL your camera...

5012259079_75a1a2f64c_z.jpg

Today's ensemble was labeled "tasteful" by a family member, so I thought I'd have them snap a "full body" photo.

Hat: Akubra Fed IV [tawny fawn]
Shirt: Gap Classic Oxford [light blue]
Jeans: Wrangler 13MWZ/Cowboy Cut [I'm really into Wrangers lately]
Boots: Dr. Marten's

[As you can see, the photo's more meh than yay, but it still documents what I'm wearing today [note that I'm not as pale as I look here]... remind me to never have someone who doesn't know how to use an SLR take my photo on one, okay? ;)]

Randy

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
theinterchange remind me to never have someone who doesn't know how to use an SLR take my photo on one said:

I do it regularly, and people ask how it works.
There's a comedian (I can't remember who), who does a great little routine on this subject. "What do I do?", they all ask. "Push the button on the top right, where it's been for the last hundred years", he mocks.

I handed my camera to a guy at the Settlers festival and decided, for the first time, to instruct the person on how to zoom and what to push. The one guy I choose to instruct - the owner of the largest school photo company in the state. :eusa_doh:

I didn't know he was a pro until, as he took our photos, he said "chin up". No one says that but those school/family portrait guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust