Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
A rainy, Gay Blade day in Brisbane...

SDC10833.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Ephraim Tutt said:
Before I got there I made a pilgrimage to what is probably Australia's most famous hat shop - City Hatters under the Flinders St Station clocktower in Melbourne.
SDC10679.jpg
SDC10681.jpg

Thanks for sharing your recent touring with us, Eph! Beautiful countryside, and a great visit to City Hatters. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
jimmy the lid said:
Thanks for sharing your recent touring with us, Eph! Beautiful countryside, and a great visit to City Hatters. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

Many thanks Jimmy. It was certainly an inspiring trip - and I always enjoy a visit to City Hatters. It's exclusively a men's hat shop by the way - in very vintage surrounds. Not many of those left.
'Tis good for the soul!
SDC10773.jpg
SDC10755.jpg
SDC10746.jpg

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Pre War Borsalino

I picked this up recently going cheap as it needed some repair work (its sweat had become detached). Just got it back for the repairers where it was cleaned, blocked and the sweat attached.

It's clearly old and is in the style of a soft-brimmed homburg. We've had discussions before about this style which appears to be almost a link between the Homburg and the fedora - a Homdora? The brim is clearly not snap down but curls down to a pencil curl in front.

I'm guessing it's from the 30's but what do you think? (More in the Borsalino Brotherhood):

SDC10834.jpg
SDC10852.jpg
SDC10844.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Wearing my Barrister, Its got a new bash

Hey everyone. I actually got enough confidence to wear a wide brim out to work today. It took some getting used to, but I gotta say, I really like them. Im still going to get a 2 or 2 1/8 inch ribbon to replace this one. I filled the two holes, but there is still some discoloration, so the thicker ribbon will cover that. I also rebashed the hat last night to lower the crown to about 3 7/8 to 4 inches in front. I cant really do any higher than that with a wide brim. Sorry for the poor quality cell phone pics, but I was excited to post at work today. lol.

Photo-0021.jpg

Photo-0015.jpg

Photo-0017.jpg

Photo-0018.jpg

Photo-0016.jpg

2010-06-031329542.jpg

Jantjeuh

Familiar Face
Joshbru3 said:
Hey everyone. I actually got enough confidence to wear a wide brim out to work today. It took some getting used to, but I gotta say, I really like them. Im still going to get a 2 or 2 1/8 inch ribbon to replace this one. I filled the two holes, but there is still some discoloration, so the thicker ribbon will cover that. I also rebashed the hat last night to lower the crown to about 3 7/8 to 4 inches in front. I cant really do any higher than that with a wide brim. Sorry for the poor quality cell phone pics, but I was excited to post at work today. lol.
2010-06-031329542.jpg
That looks really cool, this is tempting me to get one too lol.. Looks great on you!

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Stingy today

I brought my Dobbs today, a bit stingier than my usual hats.

During my last visit to my parents I ran across some old photos of my grandfather wearing his hat back on his head like this - I can't carry it off as well as he and his contemporaries did. I'd guess the pics were mostly taken in the early 1910s, definitely prior to 1918.

4666863613_1b36489aca.jpg

Back to my usual right-to-left tilt:

4667474400_87a3e1f97a.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
This is just for a few noggin shots. It's way too sticky here to be wearing anything but straw. more coming in a bunch of threads

DSC_0021-2.jpg

DSC_0022-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe