Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1967Cougar390

Practically Family
9F56359C-4041-4F66-AFB5-E1A82646CF7C.jpeg
8F3626F4-6F87-446E-A4B9-CEE6996B101F.jpeg
CD9C3BAE-9C6D-49BF-8D72-214379D20066.jpeg
I wore my Woolrich stingy brim Fedora today. It was 25 degrees this morning so I felt this was a great choice for the day.
Steven

That is one fine looking hat!!
Thanks!

Outstanding color! Cool advertisement too.
Mike, Thank you!

Absolutely beautiful! This may be my favorite that you have posted, at least until the next post.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Thank you!

Wow, what a beautiful blue. And of course, the rest of it is up to your usual superb standards!
Scotty, Thanks!

Extraordinary.

Does that one have the "Doppel-Ventilator" that is referenced in that fantastic ad?

Your hats just never cease to amaze me.
Matt, Thank you! No it doesn't have any ventilation system. Actually Stefan and Manfred have old Refhus & Cie. Stiff Felts but from what I can remember they couldn't find anything. You can see the hats here.

http://germanaustrianhats.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/20-rehfus-federleicht/#entry605

http://germanaustrianhats.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/20-rehfus-federleicht/#entry1770

What a great color, Steve. The rest of the hat is super, but that color makes it...Extra Qualitat I suppose
emoji6.png

Another great one from you.
Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk
Sergej, Thanks!

Like the others have said, Steve: superb colour on that hat. A real find!
Stefan, Thank you!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Anthony thanks for the advice. I have not actually put my eyes on one yet. I’m limited in my area of South Carolina for vendors that sell hats. So I will have to actually see the pre creased hat before purchasing one.

Richard I will definitely keep your advice in mind. The few hats that I own I’ve had to try on many to find one that fit and felt right. I wear an 7 5/8 - 7 3/4 depending on which hat I have chosen to purchase.
Steven
I'll throw in with the lot, too. I'm not impressed at all with any of the new Stetsons. I have an open crown Premier Whippet that a fellow lounger gave me because he was sorely disappointed with it. I could see why once I received it. I had to take it apart and rework it. For the money he spent buying it he could have had one custom made by some of the hatters on the Lounge. That would be your best route, to go custom. That way you'll have a better quality hat the way you want it. Check out a few of the hatters here and see which one can make you up a hat at a price you're willing to pay.

I'm not a big fan of westerns but wow. That hat is outstanding. The shape, the color, the ribbon! Yikes!

Coincidentally, yesterday I found a western (5X beaver) I bought 14 years ago in northern Colorado and wore a few times, and then put away. Last night, when I ran across it and dug it out, as long as I was recreasing fedoras, I put the western to the steam and redid the brim more to my liking.

I also found some grosgrain of the thickness I prefer, pulled off the thin leather band, and did a mockup with the grosgrain. What a difference!

Now I see your hat and I'm thinking that it has been ordained that I do this. I'm gonna sew it on as soon as I can, and maybe actually wear the hat again.

Thanks, Scotty. You're always so kind in your remarks about this hat and I appreciate it. Get that western back in action. I'm with you, on taller crown westerns I like the wide ribbons. I have a couple of others I'm thinking of giving a similar treatment. I was wearing westerns long before fedoras, but never had a wide ribbon on a western until recently.

Now to get you in some cowboy boots.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Scotty. You're always so kind in your remarks about this hat and I appreciate it. Get that western back in action. I'm with you, on taller crown westerns I like the wide ribbons. I have a couple of others I'm thinking of giving a similar treatment. I was wearing westerns long before fedoras, but never had a wide ribbon on a western until recently.

Now to get you in some cowboy boots.

I've always had at least one pair of cowboy boots. My current pair I've had for at least a dozen years but I don't wear them much anymore. I'll post a shot when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82