Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Michaelshane said:
HPG...nice glasses..What's hanging on your shoulder?

Thanks Sue and Michael.

My trusty rucksack which I use for grocery and thrift store shopping...

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
CRH said:
Awful brave of me to chime in here after that Flagship!

hpim1684.jpg

Do we celebrate a pork pie day, like a straw hat or a felt hat day? If not, I reckon we should declare one! :D

Great photo and background,CRH. You put up some nice looking shots with that backdrop style. I like that hat too; looks right on you. I think pork pie day is incorporated into National Pork Week, under the umbrella of the Hog Rights Council of PETA.........:D

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
St.Ignatz said:
CIMG1329-1.jpg

VS Dark Moss
Tom D.

That VS looks great on you. The wide bound brim and matching ribbon are just the right touch with that shade of green; not flashy just pure class! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Spats McGee

One Too Many
CRH said:
Awful brave of me to chime in here after that Flagship!

You kids rock! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Royal Stetson pork pie. I have previously and apparently wrongly referred to this hat as 'stingy'. I've recently measured the brim and it measures 2 1/4 in. My apologies to the stingy aficionados.

hpim1684.jpg

Do we celebrate a pork pie day, like a straw hat or a felt hat day? If not, I reckon we should declare one! :D
Yeah, it was brave, but that pork pie suits you, CRH. I gotta say, though, that after seeing you in the Squatter, that 2.25" brim does look like a stingy.

mannySpaghetti

One of the Regulars
My ca. 1983 Stetson "Mallory" wool felt. "Wool", you say? Yep. It hadn't been cleaned ever, so I sent it in to Optimo for a nice dressup this year. Should do great for another 26 years now.

HPIM2700.jpg

babs

A-List Customer
Mario said:
Today it's my anisotropic longhair Borso again.

borsalino_long_10_08_09.jpg

borsalino_long_10_08_09a.jpg

Mario,
Your color combinations, wardrobe in general, and accompanying fine hats are very impressive. Note to self when throwing suit/shirt/tie purchases together.. Take good hats and review some of Mario's daily get-ups. Granted I wouldn't be copying the look.. I'm way to bald, and way too fat. hehhehehe

Mario

I'll Lock Up
babs said:
Mario,
Your color combinations, wardrobe in general, and accompanying fine hats are very impressive. Note to self when throwing suit/shirt/tie purchases together.. Take good hats and review some of Mario's daily get-ups. Granted I wouldn't be copying the look.. I'm way to bald, and way too fat. hehhehehe

Wow, Babs - thank you so much! :)

Actually, I'm really just dabbling with my clothing style. Apart from the hats, nothing is really vintage. I just combine different elements, trying to make them look as a whole. I guess that, in a way, this could be regarded as some strange, rather eclectic form of historicism...so to speak... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe