Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarlCrow

One Too Many
Mike, thanks. Like Christophe said: it does serve a purpose (to see a hat in context) and it is just because of that I struggle with them a bit. I find it hard to do the hats justice with my selfies. I'll practice more...
Well it's not as if you don't contribute enough pictures as it is (-:

Wormser.

782d9ad7e9636a975fe6c168f8b2299f.jpg

c76f3a5b2d237e576644b84052e295ac.jpg

Inspired and with some tips from @KarlCrow, I got some hooks and tennis balls and put the main use hats up. My wife was OK with it so long as I did not move the picture of my kids. There are a few more (like the Mode Edge) which I keep in a bag until use.

a3ec95adffdcca8cfccf16b5cebc60ae.jpg

3565513c0e893b3402be3f43efe67509.jpg

6cfc827776151536e37534e21e4b4c94.jpg
Great looking hat, Christophe. Cool display too, but I can see you running into the same problem as Karl: the display will be too small very soon (don't let that hold you back collecting more hats though).

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I rarely post in this thread because I'm not that keen on selfies, but I did promise Steve (Mayserwegener) that I'd post a few headshot with velours hats and I still had to make good on the promise to post a headshot of me wearing the Hückel Standard. So I'll make it a "choose a hat day".

Hückel Standard

View attachment 88614

VEB Guben Sämisch (antilope)

View attachment 88615

Cervo Princeps Velours

View attachment 88616

Danubia

View attachment 88617

And a special Brim up for Bob (nobody does it like he does though). Counting the days.

View attachment 88618

Which one shall I wear today?

WOW ! The HAUL !!! They're all Sharp Stefan , But #1 Hückel Standard . Thanks . Beauties !

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I would say, wear them all, switching hourly. My vote is for the Hückel if only one.
Spending as much time on a college campus as I do, I have developed a theory about the Lounge "Selfies". I think there is a vast difference between the typical Narcissistic Teeny Boppers taking a selfie in front of every part of their life and our sharing of fine men's hats. We take a selfie with the purpose of sharing a fine fedora with the hat being the star of the photo. Although I enjoy seeing my fellow lounger's faces, my eye always goes to the hat in question first. Our selfies serve a higher purpose, rather than those young folks saying..."dig me!!!"

Very nice display Christophe! The picture of the kids only enhances the experience of your eye scanning left to right. Nice Wormser too.

"Absolutely my favorite of your hats. Not a typical cattleman crease OR. Love how you have transformed this beauty."

Thank you, Red. Much appreciated.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I rarely post in this thread because I'm not that keen on selfies, but I did promise Steve (Mayserwegener) that I'd post a few headshot with velours hats and I still had to make good on the promise to post a headshot of me wearing the Hückel Standard. So I'll make it a "choose a hat day".

Hückel Standard

View attachment 88614

View attachment 88615

Cervo Princeps Velours

View attachment 88616

Danubia

View attachment 88617

And a special Brim up for Bob (nobody does it like he does though). Counting the days.

View attachment 88618

Great selection!

Love that shade of blue!

View attachment 88645
Navy Borsalino this morning.
Another blue Borsa! Looks good, Bob!

Gannon Executive this morning.

i-2hqLwdV-M.jpg

i-LPH8x6x-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
I think I'd wear that one all week if it were mine! Beautiful, Eric!

Happy Sunday, all!

Dalton Waverly

View attachment 88649
Head to church with the Waverly and wave all your sins goodbye! Sweet Dalton, Jim!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Out for a couple errands this morning. Cool and clear (for Bob's reference). Wearing the NW Hats Brent Whipstitch. Super hats today folks.

View attachment 88662
I really like how that turned out, Red. Wonderful save on the Brent!

Good afternoon.

Ran a couple of errands in a vtg. Stetson Custom V. Lovely gray felted hat.

i-BVXb53R-M.jpg

i-vDp2PCM-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
Superb follow-up, Eric! Sporting the Big Guns today!

I left the vintage hats at home and took off get a watch repaired wearing an Akubra Stylemaster in Acorn Fawn. As much as I love old hats it's nice to know there are still good ones being made.
aadfe37ff2c54fc0a0ced7b0d82312f6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You wear that Stylemaster very well! Looks real good!

Windsock8e

A-List Customer
Great looking hat, Christophe. Cool display too, but I can see you running into the same problem as Karl: the display will be too small very soon (don't let that hold you back collecting more hats though).

Thanks! I have a couple more in the bedroom, but at least now they have some space to breathe! I agree though. After telling myself to control the hat seeking urge, I spotted one yesterday that is calling to me... I will have to dust them regularly as well.

Windsock8e

A-List Customer

Hückel Standard

View attachment 88614

View attachment 88615

Cervo Princeps Velours

View attachment 88616

Danubia

View attachment 88617

View attachment 88618

All are beautiful, but the Huckel Standard is exquisite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82