Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Gloria" Wool Back Bow with original Crease Clip probably 1930s. I do not know the company that made it but I have a few hats from the same time period with a similar paper label format. This is great example of the use of a Crease Clip.

36043565924_10ab230937_c.jpg

36706761212_92022e283d_c.jpg

36706883922_b8051530d6_c.jpg

36706919472_200547c348_c.jpg

36738250111_5bfabb1df4_c.jpg

36878068555_d98926355e_c.jpg

Steve, your finds are so unique. I always look forward to seeing whatever you post. At the top of the ribbon; are those basting stitches used to hold the ribbon in place for stacking purposes?
Neat stuff.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
That just works! Great outfit. The OR, splendid. It's one hat I do not have... yet!
Thanks Doug. I switched to a Stetson flat cap for my bike ride, but now I'm back under the OR.

I picked up this Parabuntal several weeks ago and was bummed that it was too small. I immediately saw a counterfeit Stetson size tag that was attached with duct tape. Did Stetson ever market these? Maybe... And then I noticed there was duct tape around the entire circumference of the hat, under the satin sweatband. Well, today I was looking at it again. I thought the sweat was attached to the hat with the duct tape, but upon closer examination I saw the reeded sweat was sewn to the hat body. The duct tape is so old that the adhesive is brittle and just cracks off, so I started removing the tape... and then it finally dawned on me: this was some guy's barnyard version of foam spacer tabs because the hat was too big for him! Hope upon hope, as I removed all the tape and doubled over pieces in some spots.... woohoo! It does fit me now! Very stoked on this one, now.

As it so happens, my Borslino parabuntal is too big. It was marketed as a size 7-1/2, but it's also marked 61 cm, which I believe is the correct size.

Keep cool all of youse out their in the heat waves!

i-WCW3kJg-L.jpg

i-C5xp7J3-L.jpg

i-tv2gj5C-L.jpg

i-7LNzd9b-L.jpg

i-hW9NjCD-L.jpg

i-zgfdjct-L.jpg

Great looking hat and great news that it fits now. Excellent outcome.

View attachment 83896 View attachment 83897 View attachment 83898

Rightyouare, Jack! But that was a morning coffee.
Home from work, relaxing comfortably after dinner is smoking jacket time. Wearing an early 1970s Moroccan-made fez, of course!
That is too cool Charlie. I so need a smoking jacket. And fez. Ha ha.

Michael

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Steve, your finds are so unique. I always look forward to seeing whatever you post. At the top of the ribbon; are those basting stitches used to hold the ribbon in place for stacking purposes?
Neat stuff.
Greg, Thanks! Yes those are basting stitches. They are also on the Back Bow which people today like but in many cases were removed back in the day.

Lovely morning here. Royal Stetson Open Road,
DSCN4133 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Wish they still made a $10 hat like this one.
DSCN4135 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
8-28-2017 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Have a good one,
Michael
I like the look, a farmer going to meeting! That is a lovely OR.

If you are going to wear a felt in the summer, this light and airy color is the way to go. Absolute perfection Jim.

It most certainly will serve you well Mike as you are looking great today!
It is a 7 3/8th so a little big for me, not a hat for a wind storm, but on a hot muggy (smoky) day, the extra space is welcome.

It's going to be warm like the outskirts of Dante's inferno, but I'm heading to SF VA where it will be 50 degrees cooler—back in black—Channeling John Cash today.
Nice, back in black
Channeling AC/DC...

Supposed to be a heat wave starting today. Yikes! Wearing my Cavanagh while it is still cool outside.
View attachment 83824
That is one cool Cav Robert.

I chose one of my Playboys today
Quite possibly my favorite model of the old Stetson offerings

Shadow of my hand and phone on the front brim
Sent from my space aged handheld communication device and universal translator
Love sum Playboy action Moon! This is one of the best around.

Lock and Co for Brooks Brothers for me today.
Everyone is looking good!
View attachment 83825
Nice crease Wes, comfortable looking.

Nice and clean looking Bob, perfect finish.

Heat wave is upon us and the AC units on my floor are busted =( Bailey Panama today:

21105443_10103548479061918_6970464978033919422_n.jpg

Wearing a nice old Dobbs boater that I wore a year ago today.

082817.jpg

082817_3.jpg
Good to commemorate the memories of that wonderful day. This is one of the most interesting and unique straws on the planet Alan. A treat to behold.

Had a break in the weather here today, get over it Mr. Hemingway, so in honor of our Texas friends, out came the Shudde Bros. Stetson 100 and boots from one one of the finest makers Texas ever produced, Ray Jones.
View attachment 83851 View attachment 83852 View attachment 83853
A fitting tribute to be sure!

I picked up this Parabuntal several weeks ago and was bummed that it was too small. I immediately saw a counterfeit Stetson size tag that was attached with duct tape. Did Stetson ever market these? Maybe... And then I noticed there was duct tape around the entire circumference of the hat, under the satin sweatband. Well, today I was looking at it again. I thought the sweat was attached to the hat with the duct tape, but upon closer examination I saw the reeded sweat was sewn to the hat body. The duct tape is so old that the adhesive is brittle and just cracks off, so I started removing the tape... and then it finally dawned on me: this was some guy's barnyard version of foam spacer tabs because the hat was too big for him! Hope upon hope, as I removed all the tape and doubled over pieces in some spots.... woohoo! It does fit me now! Very stoked on this one, now.

As it so happens, my Borslino parabuntal is too big. It was marketed as a size 7-1/2, but it's also marked 61 cm, which I believe is the correct size.

Keep cool all of youse out their in the heat waves!

i-C5xp7J3-L.jpg
Fantastic outcome to a weird redneckish attempt at a hatter's art. Looks wonderful.

Hey folks!
The trusty ol' Gitmoe on top today.

Have a great day!