Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a break in the weather here today, get over it Mr. Hemingway, so in honor of our Texas friends, out came the Shudde Bros. Stetson 100 and boots from one one of the finest makers Texas ever produced, Ray Jones.
CIMG3447.JPG
CIMG3448.JPG
CIMG3449.JPG

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I picked up this Parabuntal several weeks ago and was bummed that it was too small. I immediately saw a counterfeit Stetson size tag that was attached with duct tape. Did Stetson ever market these? Maybe... And then I noticed there was duct tape around the entire circumference of the hat, under the satin sweatband. Well, today I was looking at it again. I thought the sweat was attached to the hat with the duct tape, but upon closer examination I saw the reeded sweat was sewn to the hat body. The duct tape is so old that the adhesive is brittle and just cracks off, so I started removing the tape... and then it finally dawned on me: this was some guy's barnyard version of foam spacer tabs because the hat was too big for him! Hope upon hope, as I removed all the tape and doubled over pieces in some spots.... woohoo! It does fit me now! Very stoked on this one, now.

As it so happens, my Borslino parabuntal is too big. It was marketed as a size 7-1/2, but it's also marked 61 cm, which I believe is the correct size.

Keep cool all of youse out their in the heat waves!

i-WCW3kJg-L.jpg

i-C5xp7J3-L.jpg

i-tv2gj5C-L.jpg

i-7LNzd9b-L.jpg

i-hW9NjCD-L.jpg

i-zgfdjct-L.jpg

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I picked up this Parabuntal several weeks ago and was bummed that it was too small. I immediately saw a counterfeit Stetson size tag that was attached with duct tape. Did Stetson ever market these? Maybe... And then I noticed there was duct tape around the entire circumference of the hat, under the satin sweatband. Well, today I was looking at it again. I thought the sweat was attached to the hat with the duct tape, but upon closer examination I saw the reeded sweat was sewn to the hat body. The duct tape is so old that the adhesive is brittle and just cracks off, so I started removing the tape... and then it finally dawned on me: this was some guy's barnyard version of foam spacer tabs because the hat was too big for him! Hope upon hope, as I removed all the tape and doubled over pieces in some spots.... woohoo! It does fit me now! Very stoked on this one, now.

As it so happens, my Borslino parabuntal is too big. It was marketed as a size 7-1/2, but it's also marked 61 cm, which I believe is the correct size.

i-WCW3kJg-L.jpg

i-C5xp7J3-L.jpg

i-tv2gj5C-L.jpg

i-7LNzd9b-L.jpg

i-hW9NjCD-L.jpg

i-zgfdjct-L.jpg

Huh? So what are you wearing? The counterfeit Stetson Para or the Borsalino Para?

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Huh? So what are you wearing? The counterfeit Stetson Para or the Borsalino Para?
I'm wearing the "Stetson" in the pics. My Borsalino has the exact same satin sweatband, interestingly enough, but it's too big for me.

These hats are so light! I can't wear the Borsalino (size 61cm @Jeremy T Garner , hint, hint) or the slightest breeze would blow it away!

"Gloria" Wool Back Bow with original Crease Clip probably 1930s. I do not know the company that made it but I have a few hats from the same time period with a similar paper label format. This is great example of the use of a Crease Clip.

36043565924_10ab230937_c.jpg

36706761212_92022e283d_c.jpg

36706883922_b8051530d6_c.jpg

36706919472_200547c348_c.jpg

36738250111_5bfabb1df4_c.jpg

36878068555_d98926355e_c.jpg
Great looking hat, Steve. Lovely colour and form. Good to see a hat clip in action. I like the effect it has on the crease of this hat.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I'm wearing the "Stetson" in the pics. My Borsalino has the exact same satin sweatband, interestingly enough, but it's too big for me.

These hats are so light! I can't wear the Borsalino (size 61cm @Jeremy T Garner , hint, hint) or the slightest breeze would blow it away!
I tried on a Borsalino straw last summer at Delmonico. Yes, very light indeed. Unfortunately very heavy price.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

i-WCW3kJg-L.jpg

i-C5xp7J3-L.jpg

i-tv2gj5C-L.jpg

i-7LNzd9b-L.jpg

i-hW9NjCD-L.jpg

i-zgfdjct-L.jpg

I do like that crown blocking.

KarlCrow

One Too Many
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics