Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
8766d072584f07c77a464e3fb7adf025.jpg

Dobbs 15 Mode Edge

9a751b4e319eb510c4f1cb81aa5bef79.jpg
c5b310e017f1ca19ca7c77b17920fbc9.jpg

doesn't get any better than thee two right here for me today ... bravo gentlemen

Encore !!!

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
I'm loving that Marathon Michael. Won't it be grand this winter/fall when true felt weather returns!
Thanks Red. I can't wait for the return of felt weather.

Nice. Enjoy the show.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Thanks Jim. Should be some fun music. It's a big Steely Dan cover band with horns, female backup and the whole shebang. They've brought out one of the biggest crowds of the summer free concert series in years past. I suspect they will again.

Michael

Working from home today so no need to suit up. The new Mode Edge is perhaps a little too formal without a suit so went for a guayavera. I need to stitch the sweatbinding properly referring to @humanshoes helpful link.

bd4d082e711925f08c2e2c4f48b3fdeb.jpg

Whilst this hat is not as old or as nice as others I have seen in the Lounge, it is the nicest old one I have as to condition, missing just the liner and needing to fix the sweat.

For some reason, it reminds me of when my grandfather from Bordeaux opened a bottle of early 60's wine he had been saving on his 80th (35 year old wine). In a flash, I discovered what "real" wine tastes like. Now I understand a little better about pre60's hats [emoji846]; all part of the pleasure of discovering new old things in life.

It does not need to be "old" to be beautiful. Sweet color.

Dobbs 15 Mode Edge

9a751b4e319eb510c4f1cb81aa5bef79.jpg
The classic Harv smirk! I'd have the same look when wearing such a super Dobbs.

7b89b793c848d8cf12ac6e3c68e45852.jpg

Panama Hats Direct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All set for a day in the sun Perry. Great shirt too.

Nice shirt, great straw, Perry.

Also, nice piece of chocolate, Harv (@1mach1).

Mid-50s unlined Stetson Playboy for a freaky Friday.

99e657c954a4c3edbae71481cdccb319.jpg

This Playboy is close to the hat Mike Miller is building for me right now. What is the brim width on this one? Nice.

View attachment 78519
Stetson Panama OR today.
Super looking OR shape on this great straw Bob.

A bit cooler today than yesterday's humid 92. I realized this morning that I haven't had coffee with the Whippet for a long time,
IMG_4958 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_4954 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_4951 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I need to give the poor thing a good brush up.
IMG_4947 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
There will be some good local music at the downtown concert tonight. Will have to see if I can get my bike to drag me down there.

Have a fine Friday
Michael

Have fun at the concert tonight! Our local community concerts started last night with Pablo Cruise. We had a performance of our play so I couldn't go.

Holy cow! You have another stunner on your hands! Remarkable sir.
Jeremy, Thank you!

You never cease to amaze me, Steve.
Jim, Thanks! Great looking mid 50s Stetson Playboy for you today!

This one is another favorite. Cute feather, that is one I would leave in the hat, it does a lot for it.
Mike, Thanks! I agree the feather in this case is a nice touch.

I love my one and only Huckel!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you! I believe this my first Hückel Weilheim "Chamois" which is surprising.

Working from home today so no need to suit up. The new Mode Edge is perhaps a little too formal without a suit so went for a guayavera. I need to stitch the sweatbinding properly referring to @humanshoes helpful link.

Whilst this hat is not as old or as nice as others I have seen in the Lounge, it is the nicest old one I have as to condition, missing just the liner and needing to fix the sweat.

For some reason, it reminds me of when my grandfather from Bordeaux opened a bottle of early 60's wine he had been saving on his 80th (35 year old wine). In a flash, I discovered what "real" wine tastes like. Now I understand a little better about pre60's hats [emoji846]; all part of the pleasure of discovering new old things in life.
It's up there with the best of them in my opinion.

That's a killer hat. I'm liking the shirt too.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld