Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
you have such beautiful children handlebar! Great hat on the chair too.

handlebar bart said:
Stephen L Stetson today
rainforest016.jpg

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Akubra Bogart wearing me today

ok folks....drum roll if you please. Here's the first attempt at photo posting.
(Actually it's my 4th attempt. The first 3 were failures and I deleted 'em.
SDC10162.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up
chanteuseCarey said:
WOW!!! Another one of those fedoras that looks so gorgeous and lush that you just want to stroke the felt. How DO you get such amazing closeup pics of your hats Garrett??

See, Carey? Not so long ago, you smiled at my wish to touch the felt of a particular fedora...and now look at you! As you said in a previous post: the charme of a fedora... ;)

ValEag

One of the Regulars
Ephraim Tutt said:
SDC10162.jpg

Another Bogart fan here E.T. - I wore mine yesterday. Looks good on you.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
RBH said:
Today I am trying my Stetson Twenty Sovereign with the mode edge.

007uis.jpg

Rusty, that's a gorgeous hat, and you wear it really well - respect! :eusa_clap And let yourself not get mocked by that harp playing Gene! "[...]lure you over to the 'Wide Side'"? Methinks I read somewhere that he recently trimmed the brim of a vintage Stetson 7X because it was too...what? Wide...? ;) :D

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Many thanks Val & RBH (which, by the way, in my town stands for Royal Brisbane Hospital),

The Bogart looks better with my suit - but this was taken after hours. Still, it's a hat that you can dress up or down - like the good Aussie that it is!

RBH said:
Today I wore my proud father hat as we celebrated our sons grauation!
Now if he [and we] can just get through grad school! :D

012ljh.jpg

by the way he has 'stolen' my black Buckaroo fedora and said he almost wore it today. I told him I wish he would have!!!
That boy HAS a VERY pretty Mom to overcome that obvious disadvantage Rusty gave him!!!! :eek: :D

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
:) We need to have Fedora Lounge Touch-o-rama for these beautiful hats! Okay, so I just went and checked DH's two fedoras. One is an Bond Imperial Ten and the other is a Lord Buckley Form-Fit. Neither is soft, so not quite so charming at least texture wise. Shucks. I guess he needs to get a lovely Borsolino for me to stroke... ;)

Mario, does this mean that I've gotten to that point after being here on the Lounge seeing all this wonderful hat eye candy, that when I go to vintage events I'll end up seeing gents in their terrific hats and will go up to them and say "Great fedora! Mind if I touch?"

Mario said:
See, Carey? Not so long ago, you smiled at my wish to touch the felt of a particular fedora...and now look at you! As you said in a previous post: the charme of a fedora... ;)

rlk

I'll Lock Up
HarpPlayerGene said:
rlk, that's another winner. You are one of the "he can pull of almost any hat" guys. And you've got some killer shirts too.

Thank you, Gene, I would say the same about you.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
VERY SHARP Ephraim!! Glad to see your pic here, looking forward to seeing more from you. :)

Ephraim Tutt said:
SDC10162.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Front brim shaping question

Gents HELP please... What is it called when the front of the brim is so tipped down in the front it almost looks like a fold, as in Mario's avatar pic? I was at a Bistro on Sat. for an art deco pianist/vocalist where one of the vintage dressed gentlemen had his vintage fedora done the same way. Otherwise, I rarely see fedoras done that way. Does it need a fairly large brim depth to do that?

marvelgoose

One of the Regulars
St Augustine Hat

Merrill%20St%20Augustine%20Hat%20300x240.png

Today's hat shot with a cellphone camera in the backyard at lunch. This is from the Panama Hat Company of St Augustine. Their standard Panama Fedora with an optional larger black band. I have several other silk bands so I can change things up when I like.

The brim is 2 1/2" and turned down. The welt is folded under and sewn with a piece of monofillament in there to help the brim.

The crown is a low 3 3/4" and is lined underneath with a no-pinch support.

A nice looking hat that doesn't break the bank. For those who want to keep track of these things, its probably a Grade 3.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Carey, in all honesty: I don't know if there is a particular name for that style of tipped or snapped down front brim (I doubt it, but then - what do I know?), but with those fairly wide brims, coupled with very thin, lightweight felts, it comes almost naturally - especially after a good rain! ;) Anyway, I definitely love to apply a distinct snap to the front of my brims.

BTW: I'm all for that Touch-O-Rama! ;)

chanteuseCarey said:
Gents HELP please... What is it called when the front of the brim is so tipped down in the front it almost looks like a fold, as in Mario's avatar pic? I was at a Bistro on Sat. for an art deco pianist/vocalist where one of the vintage dressed gentlemen had his vintage fedora done the same way. Otherwise, I rarely see fedoras done that way. Does it need a fairly large brim depth to do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe