Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Since you asked so nicely, Dan...
(In my best, deepest radio announcer voice) ...And NOW, diRECT from Italy for another SPECTACULAR viewing here, and around the globe; a circa 1940-45 Borsalino thin ribbon! This is a very special hat to me!!!

While waiting we always practice safe hatting. It's place is next to the top, on the left.
View attachment 71374 View attachment 71375 View attachment 71376 View attachment 71377 View attachment 71378
TERRIFIC looking hat, Charlie!

I have to ask - do you bag your hats for moth protection or dust, or all of the above? I have considered doing the same.

TERRIFIC looking hat, Charlie!

I have to ask - do you bag your hats for moth protection or dust, or all of the above? I have considered doing the same.

Practice safe hatting, Rick.

Dust, really. This way I don't always need to brush them to wear them. I keep them out, for the most part, so's not to invite moths. I found signs of one nit on a VS last year, the only time that's happened. So far, so good.

Edit: ONE more thing... the covers are not bags, just flimsy plastic (top only) covers made for hatters and sold by milliner's supply houses. Intended for dust protection, and allowing the hats to be stacked somewhat without damaging the bottom hat(s). Minimum order quantity was 100, I think, but I went in on a buddy-purchase with Mayserwegener last year or so. He uses more of them than I do!

Last edited:
(In my best, deepest radio announcer voice) ...And NOW, diRECT from Italy for another SPECTACULAR viewing here, and around the globe; a circa 1940-45 Borsalino thin ribbon! This is a very special hat to me!!!

While waiting we always practice safe hatting. It's place is next to the top, on the left.
View attachment 71374 View attachment 71375 View attachment 71376 View attachment 71377 View attachment 71378
Really a nice looking hat on you Charlie!

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up

Lookin' good there, Charlie!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Northwest Hat Company. Lightweight vintage felt hat body, early '50s.
22feb5c007975cff4c9b466d1909875d.jpg
ae83246cd00cf17a0b135f718d27154b.jpg
ca87d5f176e4115439d2c3dc4835e34d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab

That is Spectacular Charlie , I could hear the announcer voice doing it . Daniel , you're AWESOME ! Congratulations Charlie !

Lookin' good there, Charlie!

Thank you so kindly, Doug! I'm trying to keep pace with you and your Scouts tonight, you lucky man!! I often wore my Akubra Sombrero for those days, which I sorely miss. My son is now 27 years of age.

I still get reminders of those Scouting days if/when I run into any of the boys around town. You're going to love when that happens. THAT's the payback, and there's nothing like it.

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many

While waiting we always practice safe hatting. It's place is next to the top, on the left. View attachment 71378

Very spectacular indeed!

Good to see your hats are all wearing....eh.....protection [emoji15]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up

Grazie Carlo, adesso sono contento!
I had last week the opportunity to have another Borsalino in the same size, but it is less interesting and the seller has a very strange idea about the value of Euroso_O

Grabbed my go to "Scout" hat, the western to outback conversion by Mike Miller. Yep, I'm with the Boy Scouts again tonight.

i-2kBVzR2-XL.jpg
I was only a boy scout for a short time, then I found girls! "On my honor, I will do my best. To do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; To help other people at all times; To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82