Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
That's a dime piece, moe. One of my faves of yours.

Sorry about your Giants yesterday. They shoulda won that game.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Thanks Fruno! It's a very easy to like hat!
I'd rather they lose the first game like that than the last, if ya knowwhutimean. At least Paul Bunyan (aka Madison Bumgarner) is swinging the lumber well.

Here's that rainy day. Again. And the Open Road beckons again.
DSCN1480 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Royal
DSCN1481 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN1482 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
And a coat for when the rain picks up again.
DSCN1486 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN1493 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Off to the library soon. Everyone geared up for the week?

Michael
Still love the color on that OR. That overcoat is special, soft leather?

Good morning, Before the sun rose I was heading on my commute in a Cordova Cap (Fox wool).

i-W8T9BZV-M.jpg

Back home for a dog walk in a vtg. Stetson. The hat box arrived mid week and I finally had an opportunity to open the box and see the hat. This vintage Stetson is a milk chocolate brown felt.

i-4vz9n6s-S.jpg

Thick but very clay-like in its ability to flex and take shape. The mid-ribbon shows patina, but is a wonderful mid-ribbon. Wind cord intact and works.

i-nxn55fF-M.jpg

When flipped over the inside liner shows the lineage - Royal De Luxe Stetson. The embroidery in the liner is gorgeous although shows some age. The leather sweat is in excellent shape. No issues with wearing this hat from the leather sweat.

i-MJX8sSh-M.jpg

The binding is a heavy ribbon sewn on the edge. The top and bottom are equal distant from the edge. The excellent stitching is apparent in the attached picture. The edge of the hat feels weighted and easily snaps down. The brim is flanged for a deep snap.

i-THnmt4j-M.jpg

The mystery is what model of hat in the vintage Stetson line-up could this hat be. No labels remain in the hat. The sweat is not embossed with anything other than "Royal De Luxe Stetson" and the seller, "Miller's Merchantile, Ridgeway, Penn."

This mystery model vtg. Stetson is a marvelous hat. I will steam and shape it later this week.

Best, Eric -
Wow Eric! Another Royal De Luxe Stetson with no model name, such a mystery. It seems they made so many that they just used this designation on various models, some with names (whippet, flagship) some with no model name. My light weight De Luxe has no name either, but it is different from others marked similar. Have to do some Lounge research tonight.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Still bringin' it Bud...
Thanks Emil. The week of three pieces and hats was fun. Need to do that more often

How do you spell LAPEL... S-U-P-E-R...
Make no mistake about it, them's big. Ha ha. I saw that Brad Whitney did the costumes for Play Misty For Me. I'll have to rewatch it one of these nights and see if there is anything familiar there.

Still love the color on that OR. That overcoat is special, soft leather?
I agree about that color Red. I like it better every time I wear it, and I started out liking it a lot the first time I saw it. The coat is a light, soft cowhide I think. I like the way it drapes. To me it plays a lot like a 30s or 40s trench or wool gabardine overcoat.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe