Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
J.T.Marcus said:
Stetson Colony (A current prototype, not available on the market. As I recall, Mr. Palladin has one, too)

Yes sir, I went down after seeing yours and found one on the trip with Carter. I passed on it then, kicked myself repeatedly, then went back and got it a week later. Mine is labeled "bark" for the color but the other specs are the same. I love it; it is probably my favorite fedora and I go for it for daily wear nearly every day.

The picture is of my grandmother's grandmother, taken somewhere in Fredericksburg where she came from Germany in the late 1800's.

Mr. Paladin

Jauntyone said:
Wow! Everyone looks great in their straw hats. It's still plenty cool enough here to wear felt hats. To-day, it's my VS 1930s-style fedora to start the week off right:
Picture493.jpg

Sharp hat and outfit, J-1! :eusa_clap

Dreispitz

One Too Many
jimmy the lid said:
Stetson Playboy...

PB1-1.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Hi Jimmy,

seeing you with the hat on, I am glad, you fetched it! The colour works much better for you than it would have for me, having brown eyes :) :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Mr. Paladin

Ok, so it was yesterday...

I wore my mink Stetson Chatham out and about yesterday. I tried raising the crown with steam and managed a little but there is just not much there to work with. I like it anyway....very soft and supple felt.

Chatham001.jpg

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Dreispitz said:
Hi Jimmy,

seeing you with the hat on, I am glad, you fetched it! The colour works much better for you than it would have for me, having brown eyes :) :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Thanks, Dreispitz -- you're a true gent. :) Thanks guys -- I am loving the Playboy, and this is just a perfect time of year to be wearing it.

Mahoganny Bill -- given the way that the ribbon is so organic to the rest of the hat, I suspect that the ribbon is standard on that particular lid. That being said, I really can't recall seeing one like it on any other vintage Stetson.

Great lids posted over the weekend!

Gene -- that Adam straw has a great feel to it in terms of look.

Douglas -- another nice Borso.

Warbaby -- classic shot with the Boater!

J.T. -- I really do like the look of that Colony. I wonder if it will ever see production? [huh]

Mr. P -- nice rich brown on that Chatham.

Cheers,
JtL

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
jimmy the lid said:
J.T. -- I really do like the look of that Colony. I wonder if it will ever see production? [huh]

Cheers,
JtL

They are missing a good bet, if they don't. However, HATCO commented on it, when I first posted, and he indicated nothing about production plans. At this point, there are maybe six specimens, and we know where two of them are! :D

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Slim Portly said:
Thanks, gents. The light color and high crown make me feel self-conscious when I wear it, but I always get compliments, so... [huh]

That hat really does look great on you. Just wear it until you don't feel self-conscious. I have the same issue with light, high-crowned hats, but they look so cool I don't care anymore.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Tonak. Although it got up to 97, today, I wanted to give this hat a try. No liner, fabric sweatband, light felt. It did pretty good, better than some straws.

P1070660.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Knox twenty today

I've been wearing this hat every chance I get. Couldn't manage to get a smile-on today:

meKnox20.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe