Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

40Cal

One Too Many
Trying out a new umbrella today.... courtesy of J.B. Stetson.
nutria.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Wow, that is the first time I've heard about having that happen. Did it pass away from natural causes? At least you looked classy while taking care of a unfortunate situation.

Sir, my wife, retired DVM, did a cursory eval. and says natural causes. My brother and I dressed the deer. The dressed deer meat went off to a local meat processor who promised to add it to sausage donations he makes for the Holidays. The remains went to be cremated. Truck washed and cleaned. Brother and I cleaned up and shared a cup of coffee. Several hours, but complete. Truth disclosed - I changed out to a stocking cap as the project was as expected messy.

Hoping for adventures of my choosing this afternoon.

tommyK

One Too Many
So many great hats over the Thanksgiving Holiday! Well done everyone!

MM, that vented Bantam is especially sweet!

Okay, so I finally landed an Open Road that was "NOT" Silverbelly but a nice light grey
IMG_6500_zps5a0zhehb.jpg

IMG_6503_zps4yyhwk2l.jpg

It's a 3X that was in serious need of a reblocking and flanging which didn't even take an hour to do. It's now pristine and was like a new hat otherwise. The pricing on vintage 7 1/2's and 7 5/8's has gone to the stratosphere! Don't see many new vintage hats in my future unless they're in need of some work like this one. Just saw a Bates go for $590. More than I payed for either of my Whippets. In fact it's nearly what I payed for both!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe