Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torpedo

One Too Many
IndyC, the cowboy hat combines greatly with that shirt.
Metro, very atmospheric environment - and nice ensemble too! You should photoshop the background to a vintage scene, and the pic would be terrific...
Maguire, another excellent pic. And, I do not think you had much competition for the dapperest man in the grad dinner contest!

Torpedo

One Too Many
With the every day warmer temperatures, I have switched to the lighter felts almost entirely... Aussie "San Juan" Stetson today, to top an earth toned palette:

DSC_0480.jpg

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Maguire Wore a black suit and a new black waistcoat for the occasion. I haven't worn a black suit in a long time but i figured graduating was worth the implications of wearing a black suit (ie said:
Maguire, you look sharp! You and metropd both can really do justice to the cut of a good suit, topped with great hats. Congratulations on your graduation!

Mr. Paladin

Torpedo said:
With the every day warmer temperatures, I have switched to the lighter felts almost entirely... Aussie "San Juan" Stetson today, to top an earth toned palette:

Sir, that is a great look; the suit, shirt, tie, and hat coordination is superb. I love that tie!

kiltie

Practically Family
J.T.Marcus said:
Today, I actually wore my new "Powder Blue" Dobbs Steve Harvey "Genuine Fur Felt" (A bargain from the HATCO Outlet, yesterday). And yes, I am fully aware that this hat was designed for, and marketed to, an ethnic group to which I do not naturally belong. But, I figure, "Hey, why should they have all the fun?" :D :D :D

P1070479.jpg

This is a neat hat, JT, and not the first time I've taken notice of the Steve Harvey line. If the crown had just a tad less taper.... What grabbed me about the first one I saw was the edge of the brim. Naturally the color is the most striking thing about yours, and it's pretty cool. But your brim edge looks the same as the pic of another I saw. What does that binding look like up close, if you don't mind; either a picture or a good description.

thanks

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Hey Wil, good to see you back!

Congrats to the graduate, and hats off to the fine fedora/suit combos, and the gutsy colors!

For the first part of today I wore an old Beaver Brand beater to cut up and drag off a small tree that fell over onto the roof of my study. Will clean up now and choose something more civilized for other errands...

DSC_0002-1.jpg

GallatinHatMan

One of the Regulars
PIC-0139.jpg

This was this morning. A Bailey Shantung fedora that is well worn, having been wet, and I mean really wet and dirty from wear. I got it back a couple weeks ago from Drew at CleanaHat.com, who cleaned, reshellaced and put a new band on it. While it doesn't look pristine and new, it looks a world better and is still suited to my head. Terrible picture, but I'm not that good.

Mr. Paladin

HarpPlayerGene said:
For the first part of today I wore an old Beaver Brand beater to cut up and drag off a small tree that fell over onto the roof of my study. Will clean up now and choose something more civilized for other errands...

Gene, that hat IS character! A working man's treasure!

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
kiltie said:
This is a neat hat, JT, and not the first time I've taken notice of the Steve Harvey line. If the crown had just a tad less taper.... What grabbed me about the first one I saw was the edge of the brim. Naturally the color is the most striking thing about yours, and it's pretty cool. But your brim edge looks the same as the pic of another I saw. What does that binding look like up close, if you don't mind; either a picture or a good description.

thanks

The edge of the brim is a standard underwelt. The stitching is visible on the top side of the brim; the turned under section makes a nice border for the underside. As far as the color is concerned, it's one of those things that looks better on the head than it does on the rack. Kind of a springtime pastel.
The crown taper bothered me a bit, too. But, just to add variety to my collection, I'll leave it as is (for now). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82