Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boodles

A-List Customer
Sorry Mojave Jack

Sorry Mr Jack, I missed the Ruark book question. For sure you might like the book Use Enough Gun. I would also suggest The Old Man and the Boy (Ruark and his Grandfather growing up in rural eastern North Carolina). I'd say that any father who has a son, and for that matter a daughter, could pick up on some parenting lessons from Ruark's stories. I'll rifle my stash of paperbacks to see what I can find and get back to you.

Mojave Jack said:
Thanks, Boodles! It's a good tough hat that I expect will see a lot of abuse. I soaked the entire thing for about a day and a half to soften it up, sweatband and all. I treated the sweatband afterwards, to keep it from drying out, and no worries. I have discovered, however, that hats do shrink after a dunking, so I've been retraining this hat back to the right size.

Incidentally, your signature quote reminded me that I have to get some Robert Ruark since I've never read any of his African material. The Honey Badger and Use Enough Gun seem like good places to start. Any recommendations?

jpbales

Practically Family
Great hats folks!

I wore my panama bob to the beach at Tybee Island, GA. It later got rained on, but that's a story for a different thread.

4461_81639604555_508429555_1646675_5952218_n.jpg

My fiancee and I found a big ol' horseshoe crab stuck on the beach and put it back into the ocean. That thing weighed at least 25+ pounds!

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
jpbales said:
My fiancee and I found a big ol' horseshoe crab stuck on the beach and put it back into the ocean. That thing weighed at least 25+ pounds!

Wow, that would give me nightmares. The crab, not the hat. Great hat, though!

Brad

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This week work has been a complete PITA, so tonight my silverbelly Campdraft and I sat on the deck for a while and smoked a cigar compliments of Mr. and Mrs. Indycop. Thanks, folks. It was a good one.

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1099.jpg

Boodles

A-List Customer
JP, it's good that you found Tybee Island

Happy to see that you found Tybee Island. Although it's losing it at a mile a minute there is some left of what used to be. When you get back to Savannah take a look-see at Pinkie Masters hole in the wall beer joint near the DeSoto hotel. It'll be the one with the Schlitz sign out front. The pictures on the wall are worth a beer. Oh yeah, it's a safe place to take a woman.

Swell Panama Bob you have.

jpbales said:
I wore my panama bob to the beach at Tybee Island, GA. It later got rained on, but that's a story for a different thread.

4461_81639604555_508429555_1646675_5952218_n.jpg

Boodles

A-List Customer
Mr Bob, don't let them get to you.

As you are puffing on that stogie just pretend that you are sitting on that yellow and blue painted picnic table at the Jib Room, Marsh Harbour, siping on one of those red slushy Blige Water things. Better yet, the Green Turtle Inn, Green Turtle. Actually, either. Man-o-War, Elbow Cay? Tahiti Beach?

BobC said:
This week work has been a complete PITA, so tonight my silverbelly Campdraft and I sat on the deck for a while and smoked a cigar compliments of Mr. and Mrs. Indycop. Thanks, folks. It was a good one.

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1099.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1099.jpg

Looks to me like you're practicing your 'sitting-in-a-deck-chair-aboard-a-cruise-ship' routine. ;) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe