Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
And so I started the week with two blacks felt and now I'm in natural straw
287isgo.jpg

It 's all because of the Italian hot weather that brought us in two days at 30 degrees C.
oqayq8.jpg

We are just few days from metereological summer, starts June 1, and warm seems to arrive undeterred.
It is provided uncertain days for Sunday and next week, perhaps the last chance for the felts before going to sleep.
14984z9.jpg

New Panama high quality woven in Colombia.
Lightweight and very practical.
29g1s84.jpg

Brims are more than 7 cm. and crown at 11 cm. It needs some tweaking in the finish to be perfect.

Appreciation on the black Borsalino are really appreciated here :)
If you FL loungers as tourist or voyagers will pass in Verona or near by let me know we could have some good times

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
287isgo.jpg

It 's all because of the Italian hot weather that brought us in two days at 30 degrees C.
oqayq8.jpg

We are just few days from metereological summer, starts June 1, and warm seems to arrive undeterred.
It is provided uncertain days for Sunday and next week, perhaps the last chance for the felts before going to sleep.
14984z9.jpg

29g1s84.jpg

Brims are more than 7 cm. and crown at 11 cm. It needs some tweaking in the finish to be perfect.

If you FL loungers as tourist or voyagers will pass in Verona or near by let me know we could have some good times
Hi Daniele. Nice large brim panama. Works great with the shirt and jacket!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9515 met Tapatalk

Steve, love the blue on that Janyška. Your latest haul is quite the treat to see.
Harv, sweet Dunlap. How old is that puppy?
Chamuco - that guy behind you is eying your hat suspiciously!
Joao, your chocolate hats hit me right in the sweet tooth!
Daniele, welcome to summer! Nice wide brim on that one,

As this weekend brings Memorial Day in the US, that means it's also the kick-off for Aloha Fridays (Yay!). Today, I am pairing this Hawai'ian shirt with a lightweight, unlined 50s Playboy,

Picture29.jpg
Picture30.jpg

Picture31.jpg
Picture32.jpg

Bob, it is Friday now. Can we get outta here for a beer?

Last edited:

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
As this weekend brings Memorial Day in the US, that means it's also the kick-off for Aloha Fridays (Yay!) Today, I am pairing this Hawai'ian shirt with a lightweight, unlined 50s Playboy,

Fruno, your new photo location is great. Nice hat, you're quite the playboy aren't you [emoji41]

Simone has bought a few nice IPA' s and a few Imperial Stouts. Beer will happen! You and Bob are welcome, but I doubt you'll make it on friday considering the time difference [emoji20]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9515 met Tapatalk

287isgo.jpg

oqayq8.jpg

14984z9.jpg

29g1s84.jpg

Fantastic, Dan!! Looking like the perfect gentleman that you are under there!! And I have Verona on my bucket list....

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
As this weekend brings Memorial Day in the US, that means it's also the kick-off for Aloha Fridays (Yay!). Today, I am pairing this Hawai'ian shirt with a lightweight, unlined 50s Playboy,

I can get down with Aloha Friday.
P1180455 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I think this shirt counts. It's one I made a couple of years back when I weighed significantly more than I do now.
P1180456 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
The hat is, I believe, a palm straw. And the shirt was considerably brighter about 30 washings ago.
P1180457 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Hope everyone has a nice holiday weekend.

Michael

Steve, love the blue on that Janyška. Your latest haul is quite the treat to see.
Harv, sweet Dunlap. How old is that puppy?
Chamuco - that guy behind you is eying your hat suspiciously!
Joao, your chocolate hats hit me right in the sweet tooth!
Daniele, welcome to summer! Nice wide brim on that one,

CLASSIC!! And you're ready for the long weeknd, Frun... Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed!!

I can get down with Aloha Friday.
P1180455 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I think this shirt counts. It's one I made a couple of years back when I weighed significantly more than I do now.
P1180456 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
The hat is, I believe, a palm straw. And the shirt was considerably brighter about 30 washings ago.
P1180457 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Hope everyone has a nice holiday weekend.

Michael

WOW-za! We are bristling with broad brims here today! Great lid, Michael, and yes, that Aloha IS a great piece of work!

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Nice perforated sweat- does it help keep you cool or have any real effect? Looks like you get a lot of air through that nice open weave.
Thanks, Xylophile. I think that the perforated sweat is really just for show. Kind of like racing stripes. Neato, but I don't notice any significant difference in cooling than any other lightweight straw hat.

The airflow definitely is a plus. I have a convertible and this one is my best straw hat for driving. Keeps me comfortable even in the warmest days. Plus, the brim shape keeps it from trying to take flight. My favorite straws are boaters, but their shallow crowns and flat brims are prone to help them soar off my head like eagles. I tragically lost a great one a couple years to such a calamity. It was heartbreaking. I really liked that hat.

Happy Friday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe