Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunship

New in Town
Wow! I can't believe the toppers from yesterday and today. Beautiful ladies' hats & great selection from the guys too.
Everyone send their thoughts to Art as he gets his shoulder all fixed up.

Recherche

Perry, thank you for the inspiration. It is a beautiful and calm fall day here - good weather to bring out an old friend.

Newer members might not have seen this old hat from a Cheyenne store that closed its doors around 1910. I don't wear it too often. It has a silk lining on the underbrim which comes around the top to form a narrow brim binding. The ribbon and bow trimmings are silk as well.

102315_1.jpg

102315_2.jpg

102315_3.jpg

You can find additional photos of this hat here.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Last edited:
Already ready for Xmas, Mark! Wow!

Fruno, that's a beauty!

Charlie, great VS, buddy.

Perry, that is a beautiful VS. Love the dimensions.

Knotten, great outfit, sir!!

Alan, splendid. It is always nice to see such a rare and unique piece of history.

Stetson 7XCB today.

0d2a1d525f6a462ac28d10ea551bc3d7.jpg

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Excellent the copy and sublime the original.
Alan It seems to me an elegant hat more than many we see in these days :eusa_doh:
Hathopile I need to see some better pictures of yours. For sure

Thanks all. It's an unusual hat for sure and the earliest example (from my collection) of the evolution in dress western hats that eventually opened the door to the Open Road.

Somehow I missed that one on the introduction post; NOT one which would be forgotten! Perfectly named for this occasion, when you dug deep, taking another look into the vault. Such a fantastic collection you have Alan...

What else you got?!?! :eusa_clap

Harv, YOU have been on a ROLL this week, man!!!

Last edited:

buler

I'll Lock Up
Hey Bill, it's the one I'm wearing today. It's not exact, color a little different on the body and ribbons, and no silk under the brim, bow work is the same.

Thanks, Perry! I can't keep up with this thread. You should have Art add the silk under the brim!!

B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82