Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
7827b34a528803fca64fc70e60c776da.jpg

You've seen it before! The sun is out today, yet still chilly.

Good friday to all!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

And Happy Friday to you. I like what I see... :)

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
great stuff so far today everyone ...

pieces that jumped off the screen for me were on top of TDP166, hatsRme, and Miamibruno ...

thank you for the daily inspiration everyone

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Great hats and caps all around yesterday!

Today I am wearing my “mystery” Byer-Rolnick-era (late 1950s-early 60s) Resistol. While it should likely be the San Antonio model, the sweatband is actually marked both “Fort Worth” and “Pecos” – and it was sold in Minnesota.

Very nice!

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good afternoon. This mornings 40'F temps had me out and about in a City Sport cap and then changing into a vtg. Stetson Playboy (grey felt) for work with saw, chainsaw and rake. I took my rough yard jacket off for the hat pic opportunity. Excellent morning to be outside in my neighborhood.

i-T2RkRSk-M.jpg

i-Tb3dvxL-M.jpg

i-7CwwqbN-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

EstherWeis

Vendor
Aww!
Used to have a canary when I was little. I loved it.

There is this famous Parrot from antwerp that speaks in a typical antwerp accent.

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
a CD Is always my rainy day choice.... second CD this week.
...always glad to be part of the fold

54963fb11d88191804e15a09b35ed62f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao - some of the older Resistols (especially OR styled) had the name on the sweatband. The Resistol closest to the OR (IMO) was the San Antonio, but I've also had early models called the Saddler and the Wide County, both similar to the Open Road (these same names were later recycled by Resistol for other non-OR models). I don't recall seeing specific model names on the sweatbands of Resistols after Byer-Rolnick sold out in the 1960s, but most of my Resistols are from the B-R era. I also have a cattleman-styled western called "The Stockman" on the sweatband - it was made for a western outfitter by Resistol, but not branded as Resistol (probably from the late 1960s).

Now that you mentioned it, I remembered that my Resistol Panda have "Panda" stamped on the sweatband.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Aww!
Used to have a canary when I was little. I loved it.

There is this famous Parrot from antwerp that speaks in a typical antwerp accent.

Yes it's so nice to listen to singing caneries and also very funny when the parrots talk with regional accents. Just not so nice when they SCREAM!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
You would be a great example for sure!
Beautiful rich colour that is!

Thx. I'm told by my better informed Friends here on The Lounge that the European dyes/colors can be richer and deeper than elsewhere. The hat is probably a FEPSA body but made in Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82