Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

javadave61

Practically Family
I came into some "found" money I wasn't expecting. Is that a sign from God?

Fruno... ur killing me! How "contrasty" is the ribbon? Cause that's what's selling me. And the silverbelly looks a tad more neutral or lighter to me than my Stetson OR. Different enough to warrant a purchase?

Moon, I'm wondering if the waiting will be good for me. Should arrive right at Christmas. Or maybe this should be a Labor Day gift to myself.

Hatophile, is it three months to manufacture PLUS another month to ship? Or is 3 months a total wait time, from the order to the front door?

Trying out the hipster look while grilling out tonight. Oh that's so me. Loving my D'Aquino.

376227ab1f6631a7d564f5703b054400.jpg

Dave, this is my only silverbelly so I won't try to compare. The ribbon contrast and wind trolley are perfect IMHO. It's jumped toward the top of my list.

I ordered this because they had them in stock during the recent sale, so no wait. But my previous took all of 3 months from order to my door.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for sharing gentlemen, ladies and hipsters! Nice hat pics and accompanying anecdotes.

The early evening as the temps are dropping into the delicious low 60's F here in Minnesota, I got home early from the gym and am heading out in a vtg. Stetson and a vtg. Pendlton Topster jacket. heading out to a local coffee house to play my guitar. The pic shows a gray/black theme for sure, although it did not start out to be this deliberate. I fully expect to shed the jacket quickly as the buttons tend to bang on the back of my guitar. It is an annoying sound when mic'd, unless I swung my chest into the back of the guitar like a bass drummer swinging their drum stick. I would definitely have to play a different guitar and practice "swinging."

i-RgtDmzF-M.jpg

i-8G2DVsR-S.jpg
i-VDG6d2j-S.jpg

Channeling 1920-40's acoustic blues/jazz guitar this evening and expecting to see a sea of lights that are the back of laptop covers, Eric -

Last edited:

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Yes, SBG, the sea of Bic lighters raised in tribute to the musician in days past has given way to the gleam of touchscreens reflecting off of non-prescription hipster glasses...but the music goes on.

EstherWeis

Vendor
So one of those lazy days.
It's cooler and sort of rainy outside.
I didn't feel like dressing up like i would normally so just my easy to wear hare summer felt hat.
The ribbon is french vintage cotton grosgrain and the bow is in the back.
It's not the most interesting hat in the world but comfy and soft since I had to sit on the train for a bit

And you know, it's ahem quite orange...

1d9b54734de775f55e4f6f2afdc2aa30.jpg
5bbb73f7b2020ebc20b57c722c4ca86a.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

EstherWeis

Vendor
Thank you!

My supplier in Germany. The problem is not the orange, the hard thing is to find good quality summer felt...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe