Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey everyone!
I was so pleased with the results of my re-refurbing of my Young's, I d recided to fix up my c.1950 Stetson 3XBQ velour, my first attempt at a hat repair. When I got it, it looked great, but with a little gentle handling, the sweat crumbled into flakes and dust. I wanted to wear it, so I reshaped it the best I could at the time, sewed in a piece of a hemp belt for a sweat, and wore the heck out of it. Every time I've worn it recently, I always felt it deserved better. So,.....
A dismantling, reblock, new sweat and ribbon later:
3b9d789c0a13ccc4e9dc621b1210a3e3.jpg
1610dd5860c89ce69065737b4b571b30.jpg
9b1d1a7a57ad2660e5a6d6d2a5debdcc.jpg

I thought about putting the rust colored wide ribbon it came with back on, but got so many compliments on the blue polyester temp I had on it that I decided to dye a piece of rayon/cotton o a similar shade.
Have a great day!

Trevi007

One of the Regulars
Great selection of lids Gentlemen !
Me , no hat today :( I'm at work all day, no hats allowed.... Sadly ( I think I was born in the wrong era), but I'm here enjoying yours.....:cool:

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RobertM, How would you rate the quality of the Monterrey? I've been interested in them for some time but haven't as yet had a chance to hold one. I like very much what I see.

g.durand

One Too Many
Thanks Harv, Bob and moon--yes the gods shone on me for this one. Thanks to fellow lounger bond for digging this one up and making it available to me.

I was fine tuning the shape on this Resistol tonight. My wife and I are visiting some friends tomorrow night to help send their daughter off to grad school at the University of Texas in Austin. I thought this one would be appropriate for the occasion. It was originally sold in Big Spring, TX. Hmmm, come to think of it, the KM I was sporting earlier has a Sakowitz Houston stamp on the sweat. Sakowitz was a venerable department store there for many years. If I'm not mistaken, I may have read here somewhere that KM was also a Byer-Rolnick brand. But I'm fuzzy on the details. So it was a two-Texas hat day.

FullSizeRender%2054_zpsguiplnvk.jpg

Last edited:

RobertM

Familiar Face
RobertM, How would you rate the quality of the Monterrey? I've been interested in them for some time but haven't as yet had a chance to hold one. I like very much what I see.
Thanks. I think this particular model is a fair - to good quality straw; not that I am so very familiar with various levels. Price was $125.00. I have another Monterrey, also bought at JJ's that is a higher quality hat, with a higher price tag to match. I picked this one because it was a nice, wider brim, informal, goes with anything straw.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82