Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Excellent contributions fellows.

Late evening here in Minnesota. I had the opportunity to listen to Tim Sparks and Phil Heywood play acoustic guitars at the Aster Cafe in downtown Minneapolis this evening. World class acoustic guitarists, dynamite food with family and friends. Great time.

i-s6B6Xk9-M.jpg

VS Wanderer (granite colored felt) with a Pendleton Jacket.

i-XfrZP9V-S.jpg
i-QJmnFMt-S.jpg

Good night, Eric -

Wow! Stellar weekend, fellas! Harv's Bantam, g.durand's VS Silvermist, Moe's Resistol, TJ's Westlite. So many others. A great parade of hats yesterday.

Heading down to the Ol' Ball Orchard yesterday to catch some Minor League action (the hometown boys didn't do so good, alas), in my Stetson Premier Milan. Stopped in at my local hatter, Brim on Fifth, Saturday night and replaced the pug it came with which was, kinda dull in my opinion.

IMG_0924.JPG

This morning, temps have dropped to the sixties to make way for a rather boisterous storm that came through. Expecting a little more rain, so Felt Time.

IMG_0937.JPG

Le D'Aquino Mk II

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Stetson Premier Milan. This was on the Classified's thread for quite a while (I'm surprised it never got snatched up), because it was too small (7 1/8), and I wanted to keep the original sweatband. So, I decided to finally convert it from a pork-pie to a more traditional fedora with a light stretch for a snug fit. It sits a touch high, but just right. I'll probably do a "before/after" post in the Conversion thread.

Anyway, I wore it this morning at the bus stop to see my daughter off to school. They're starting so early now; growing up, my schools didn't start until early September.

11c990ce-f0b5-400b-a0f4-5bcc5b7b61ea.jpg

Last edited:

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Nice hat, Strapped. The 707 was a favorite of mine when I first started buying fedoras. Try a different backdrop to reveal and enhance the color.

Try something with a neutral color. It blends in with the stone in your current pic. Your shirt might also be working against it. Your camera is auto-adjusting the white balance as a result of the high contrast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great Bantam, Harv and a fine modification on the premier milan, A&A. :eusa_clap

In Buffalo we are in the midst of boating season.

080315.jpg

royalboater2.jpg

royalboater3.jpg

Look Ma... no sweatband stitching!

Superb straw, Alan. I really like the open weave. Was it already flanged like that, as well?

Thank you both... yes it came like this. The brim is very flexible - I don't know if it was intended to have the upward cup, likely not, but it is very much committed to it now. This hat is from the late 1930s-1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82