Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
My work hat, with the bill turned backwards!... ;)

Forklift.jpg

Wait - it that almost a smile I see? I didn't think that was possible!

GregNYC

One Too Many
TJ, I'd never have recognized you!!!

I will be traveling to Honolulu December 7th Pearl Harbor Commemoration. I might wear a military baseball cap for that event. Then I'll go back to my Panamas etc.....

g.durand

One Too Many
This Stetson 100 arrived today. This is one nice hat. I'm beginning to think another trip to Texas is in order. I'll try to post more pics tomorrow.

IMG_4585_zps25966065.jpg

Last edited:

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Stetson 5X Clear Beaver Quality
Of the Stetson clear beaver felts I've had the pleasure of handling, this is my favorite... circa 1940.
Another of your sweet hats!

This Stetson 100 arrived today. This is one nice hat. I'm beginning to think another trip to Texas is in order. I'll try to post more pics tomorrow.
Nice one. Sadly no western version for me...

I have to agree!!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up

S-4-C, Charlie, Greg, Yeah, that's almost a smile! ...and my face still hurts! I won't do that again! :D ouch

g.durand, Great Hat! That's definitely your look. You look better in that Stetson 100 than in any I've seen you wear! Very nice!

Michael, as stated yesterday, and confirmed by today's "coronation" photo AND especially the look on your face... You have arrived, sir!

David a Super Saturday lid, my friend!

Perry where IS the ribbon? THIN! Great plaids today, too.

Last edited:
Super sweet Stetsons this morning DJH, Hatophile, & G.Durand! Michael the western crease looks good on you. That is definitely a road trip worthy hat!

Tedquinton

A-List Customer
Cheers Greg, I do love, as you say, the mid century look. Particularly diamond creases, though this hat has a centre dent. But I think all my hats are straight sided with very little taper.

Loving your selection of caps, I must get one for the winter days ahead!

g.durand

One Too Many
Thanks, everyone, for the comments on the 100. It is an amazing hat. It has more stiffener than I expected, but the felt is very dense and finely pounced, with a velvet-like hand, much like a Resistol 10X that I have. It shapes and re-shapes easily. There were a lot of what appeared to be shellac flakes in the box which leads me to believe the hat was either sold having a bit of extra stiffener added or it was added later.

Perry and David--nice Stetsons this morning, guys.
Joao--in some places here in the US even the Stetson 100 would be considered a "western".
Jaunty--to live central France...I'm envious. Very nice Adam.

A bit damp this morning, so the Camp Draft got the call.
IMG_4586_zps30b32b15.jpg

IMG_4590_zps90fa7d0a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82