Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another nice one Perry.
Stetson Bantam.

6f6d6ebd9b0af00559f84a975060ecd7.jpg

GregNYC

One Too Many
Charlie, I like the subtle blue in the last photo. It really changes with the light.

Perry, that is a great crease for your Knox. Well done!

Harv, great crease too. A light touch, lets the crown stand tall!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mystic

Practically Family
Quite a different look, Perry. You make it work. Must be real causal Friday at the office.

Like the mid-ribbon Bantam, Harv

Nice Fawcett, Charlie

Last edited:
Harv I'm a big fan of the Bantam!

The Peak is Perfect, Perry!

Alan your Lago di Como is simply perfect!

Joao the "Stage" is so great on you... YOU should be on stage!

Daniele The curled brim is very, very nice!

From last night, out with Miles, (canine) I always like the noir look o' the Lee

Last edited:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
David, I've totally lost my will to do trade shows. I hope you have time for some R&R. That is definitely not a cookie cutter cap, though it does bring to mind some cookies that Donna makes around the holidays.

I can relate to that - for 10 years or more I was out of the trade show routine, but they feature a lot with our new owners. I was in Chicago for a week, but really got to do nothing but set up, do the show, break down (the show, not me!) and have business dinners. Taking the day off today so heading out with my doggies in a bit.

Thanks everyone for the comments on the Cordova cap from yesterday. Jonathan does great work.

Another cap for errands earlier this morning, this one a 30's vintage, formally owned by The Baron from the Lounge

smugshot_8960677-L.jpg

great cap, David... great photos Charlie!

Daniele, those stitches are, I think, basting thread to protect the ribbon bow during transit. Usually seen in a less conspicuous color, it could be removed. There should be ample stitching in traditional locations securing the ribbon and bow.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Thank you Alan. You are right the stitches are to protect the ribbon in the storage. It is also my presumption, but I'm not so deep in the vintage hats knowledge to feel myself sure about that. I don't want do a disaster removing them.
Alan the lake of Como as our lake of Garda are always an enchanting destination especially in the fall when tourists are scarce and small villages are more "human". Your Barbisio "lago di Como" is without comment. It is a chef-d'œuvre. I have a special admiration for Barbisio hats.
Charlie your picture are lovely sinister and I see you (maybe I'm wrong) often in trilbies.
Harv when you will decide to come in Verona let me know, we could have sometimes together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe