Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jauntyone

Practically Family
Black Knox stingy

Picture113-2.jpg

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
indycop said:
Did you get a second yet?:D

Sorry about the delay. My mom broke her ankle the day after Christmas and I have only now gotten that "sec" after a long weekend of Drs. and ERs!

I bought this Moore bowler in an antique shop five years ago and I have no idea of its history except the shopkeeper told me it was then recently imported from England with a lot of antiques he had purchased. The size is 6 7/8 but my normal size is 7; even so, it has a small leather pad in the front as it is just a tad loose otherwise. It and the Resistol I posted earlier are the only vintage hats I own (so far...)! Since then it appears in public every Christmas for the passing out of presents. It got two days wear this year since the part of the family came on the 25th and part on the 26th.

BowlerHat001.jpg

BowlerHat002.jpg

BowlerHat003.jpg

BowlerHat004.jpg

BowlerHat005.jpg

Christmas Day...
Christmas12-26-2008006.jpg

And Boxing Day...(only way my grandson would stand still was to let him hold my "Texas Bubba Stick" cane)!
Christmas2008-JackiesCamera665.jpg

Mr. Paladin

Thanks IC, that is MY chair and maybe a cigar or two has been flamed there!;)

She's doing ok except for that ortho-boot she has to wear...cramps her style (and mobility).

Mr. Paladin

IC, great beach and Christmas shots. Those Mike Moore's you two sport are really nice. That is a really nice turquoise treatment on Dee's hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe